Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Curious June 2024 Ontario

Color Schemes !

Bianca, on March 14, 2018 at 10:38 Posted in Before the wedding 0 22

This whole time I knew exactly how I wanted my wedding to be, Blue and White with Black accents. Now ? I have no idea.. Ryan and I were considering combing our favorite colors together which are Red and Purple (mind you look beauty together) but I'm still a little unsure.. for me I think it depends on the venue really.. what do you think ?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Lisa, on March 15, 2018 at 08:11
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Super idea!!!! I love personal touches!
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ! Yeah the reasoning behind all of it is they are our favourite colours so we thought we'd make it more personal 😊♥️
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that's VERY vibrant! But it looks great!!! I think using a variety of shades of purple lighter to darker will dampen it a bit without being too harsh! I love it! Love those dress colours too!
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's beautiful too ! I think these colours are lovely as well , very vibrant but not too much Smiley smile

Color Schemes ! 1
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Red and purple is a very modern combo! I've saved this picture for a long time because I've always loved the look! It wouldn't work in our venue but I've always loved the look of it.

Color Schemes ! 2
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Most definitely , the venue I originally had in mind and has changed. Still outside but no sandy shores , I really like the vintage garden feel this venue offers in Kitchener. Plus it's convenient for my family and isn't too far Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds lovely ! Smiley love
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    For sure , and I did want a beach wedding I've always dreamt of having one but living in London Ontario it's kind of hard to accommodate everyone so as many venues as I looked at my mind has changed slightly , I still want it outdoors but in Kitchener they have a beautiful garden estate venue that I haven't stopped looking at since I've seen it. So I'm pretty sure that's the place I'll choose Smiley smile
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue and the season when you're getting married are definitely determining factors!!

I knew I wanted gold, white, and blush decor - but when we decided on a fall wedding date I started looking for a more "fall" accent color to throw in and ended up adding a burgundy/maroon color!

I also thought about the color I wanted my bridesmaids to wear!

• Orianna
    Beginner April 2019 Ontario
    Orianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are at Paramount Event Space so using navy blue and silver we are trying to keep things elegant and having white lace and some wood pieces to tie in what we like and make it a little sahabby chic
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have an idea of the type of venue you want? I find a lot of people's colours evolve as they pick out things for the wedding. I mean, I've stayed pretty consistent, but my choices changed a bit too. I always wanted to have a grey and pale yellow wedding. I pictured the bridesmaids in yellow.

However, I have two bridesmaids who are red heads.. the yellow dress looked bad! So now they are in a light silvery grey. I also ended up with a little bit of blush on my dress, so a yellow hair piece or bouquet was out. Now the bridesmaids will have yellow bouquets and I'll have a white/greenery one.

Don't stress tooo much about the colours yet!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree , which is why if we do decide to use those two colours as our scheme we should limit the amount of decorations because of how vibrant they both are.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds lovely ! I do like the red and purple and when decorating the decorations look beautiful in moderation because the colours are so bold I don't want to over do it or under decorate at the same time lol
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think red and purple would be a very sumptuous and elegant and potentially heavy colour palette depending on your venue.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to agree with making the final decision once the venue is picked. I originally wanted teal/aqua but when we chose our venue it changed. We are getting married in a tropical greenhouse essentially with tons of greenery so teal would have looked really off. Since then we have switched to cobalt blue which I think totally compliments the bright green.

I just googled red and purple wedding and the pictures are really pretty! I think it can be done really nicely but it will depend on your venue (ie. most of the pictures are in a fancy ballroom but there are none in a barn) - the deep purples and reds are beautiful though!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks doll!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    See I love that as I mentioned above , more neutral colours with greenery and that rustic feel is absolutely gorgeous ! Congrats you guys ! Smiley smile Smiley ring
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's at the Valhalla Inn in Thunder Bay. We get married on June 9th of this year. We ended up changing to blushes and champagne colour with lots of greenery.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha , I agree Smiley smile where was your venue love ?
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue definitely plays a big part in the colours that we chose too. We originally wanted to do grey and mint but it would have looked so off in our venue.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've always wanted a blue white and black wedding , but considering my mans favourite color is red and mine is purple he suggested to have both of ours to personalize it more you know ? But at the same time I was showing him a few options like gray and purple , and more subtle colours and being a man of course he just wants me to do whatever makes me happy and is letting me plan everything lol which I'm perfectly content with but he also understands that he has to give some imput , so we're stuck. Aha Smiley tongue
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You're right, that was the determining factor for me for our wedding colours, so whatever venue you choose to go with would kind of have to go with your colours. Have you picked a venue? With the colours you like, I'm sure you'll be okay with most venues tbh.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics