Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natasha
VIP August 2017 Ontario

Cocktail hour... entertainment

Natasha, on December 1, 2016 at 11:48 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Is anyone having entertainment during their cocktail hour? .... Our ceremony and reception are at the same location on a 100acre farm that backs onto a forest with walking paths and a pond.. but me and my FH during cocktail hour decided it would be fun up near where all the coctail tables are set up to set up some good old fashioned lawn games to keep everyone entertained while we are off doing our photo thang !

So far we have extra large Jenga , Ladder toss, Bean bag toss, corn hole and lawn bowling ... any other suggestions ???

Are you doing anything during your cocktail hour??

Ladder Toss

Ladder Toss

Life size Jenga

Life size Jenga

Corn Hole

Corn Hole

9 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on December 2, 2016 at 14:37
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its deifinatly should be super entertaining lol

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love all those games! Super fun!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a photobooth early would be lots of fun! Also... Giant connect 4!! I agree... sack races don't sound great, but mostly because it's kind of physical when everyone is dressed in nice clothes/heels

Giant Connect 4

Giant Connect 4

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I see alot of broken bones or bruised people lol ... we have alot of competitive people lol .. so i might stay away from the sack races lol

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah we have a second shooter I am hoping she catches some great shots of people playing and laughing during the games !!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha I'm sure your photobooth will be a lot of fun! Smiley laugh I created a few discussions on this that you could take a look at:

Fun Games for your Wedding Reception

5 activities to keep your guests entertained

9 ideas to entertain kids at your wedding

Maybe you could have some fun activities that people can do together like a sack race? Smiley smile

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are great ideas! Looks like you have it covered! People will also be mingling and catching up with relatives and friends they haven't seen in forever so I'm sure they'll have more than enough things to occupy their time!

I've always wanted to try that huge Jenga! If you have a second shooter, it might be fun to have them get a few candid shots of your guests playing the games! Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh yeah we have a photobooth but that doesnt start till later when everyone has had a few drinks lol cause that is when the photos get interesting lol

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is croquet lame? Because I really like it and would add it!

Might also be a good time to set out photo booth type things and get people taking photos!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics