Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsea
Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia

Cocktail Hour

Kelsea, on September 3, 2018 at 02:01 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

We are doing a cocktail hour before dinner while we are off doing photos. During that time we will have a small assortment of appies. We have looked at some ideas for platters, but I am curious what kind of fun ideas there are out there! It would have to be low maintenance, something the guests could just pick at because our venue only deals with their in house catering. TIA

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsea, on September 11, 2018 at 18:09
  • Kelsea
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love all these ideas! thank you so much for your input. We have our DJ doing our ceremony as well, so he goes right into the cocktail hour/reception. He's super interactive so has some games for the guests during that hour. Our bar won't be open until 4 pm, but the cocktail hour begins at 315 - so we will definitely be keeping them entertained until the booze is out LOL

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Food truck an awesome idea!! We are having a cheese and cracker display as well as having hand passed canapes including: chicken teriyaki skewers, breaded shrimp with cocktail sauce, bacon wrapped mushroom caps with bbq sauce, hummus with mini pita and parmesan shortbread with roasted garlic.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would put together a grazing table. Just have an assortment of cheeses, crackers, fruit, nuts, meats, etc. But it’s all arranged on one large platter or stand and guests can just pick away at it.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be having veggies and dips at my cocktail hour. I also set up a duo (pianist and singer) to do some live music to give it some intertainment.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I second the food truck idea! It's fun and definitely meorible.

• Kelsea
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were definitely thinking a cheese & cracker platter, veggie tray & a meat platter. Something light, because we are serving dinner probably about an hour later! I like the idea of the food truck too, my city has an abundance of them LOL. Immediately after dinner I will be putting out a fruit tray with some treats for something sweet. A little later into the evening we will dive into the cake & cupcakes. Thanks for your input!! Smiley smile

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just made up veggie trays, cheese and meat platters and crackers plates. Was a big hit! Anything that didnt get eaten got brought back out for after dinner snacks and was all gone by the end if the night!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had h'ouvres served right after the wedding while pictures were being taken.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You might be able to hire a good truck or 2 for that hour! They could park outside and your guests could go out there and grab a small bite!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics