Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie September 2025 Ontario

Choosing a wedding date!

Chastity, on August 28, 2022 at 18:42 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Hey! I need some help choosing a date! The venue we chose has all of 2024 available however we originally wanted October 19th. We realized being late in the season where we live comes with risk for an outdoor wedding. Also the venue doesn’t typically do weddings after thanksgiving for that reason.
We are obsessed with fall but because my FH plays baseball we are limited on weekends.
We narrowed down Sept 21 and Oct 5. Neither have significant meaning just don’t know which one is better. Any recommendations….

4 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on September 6, 2022 at 11:53
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October 5th is close to fall, I would go with that. Our date wasn't available so we have September 30th. Both dates are hit or miss with weather, you just have to go with what feels right.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with September- the weather should be more cooperative for anything outdoors

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Is it just the ceremony that's outdoors or are you planning for the reception as well? If you're having the reception indoors, it really doesn't matter as long as you don't host your ceremony outside after 5pm.

Both dates are unpredictable, precipitation wise but you'll get more light on Sept 21 than Oct 5. It'll also be a tad warmer as the sun sets whereas by October, it will start getting chilly even if it's just overcast.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    September 21st you're more likely to have warmer weather, especially into the evening but if you're after the fall colours definitely go for October 5th. The weather is completely unpredictable anyway!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics