Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Children

Megan, on January 15, 2017 at 10:44 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9
We would like to include my two children into our ceremony and would like to give them something special. My son will be 10 and my daughter will be 9. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on January 17, 2017 at 12:14
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm happy to hear that Megan! Let us know what you choose! I can't wait to see their cute outfits! Will they come dress shopping with you? Smiley smile

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love this idea! Thank you for your suggestion!
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for your suggestion. I think it's a great idea and it will make them feel they are a big part of our day!
  • Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our plan is to have a backyard BBQ type reception casual and family friendly! I like the idea of having them responsible for the important parts of the wedding, holding the rings.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I remember seeing a video where the step dad got down on one knee and gave the bride's daughter a ring too! Making them a family unit. It was so cute!!! It would be great to get something for both for children, from both of you, that would symbolize becoming a family!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Megan! Welcome to the community! That's such an amazing idea to make your children feel special on your wedding day!! Smiley love I love Valerie's idea!! You could also make them flower girl and ring bearer but give them more reponsibility by letting them choose.

I also love what Natasha suggested, of having each other vow something for the kids at the wedding:

What my Fiancee is planning with my SON

Children ..... or..."my vip"

Isn't it cute?? Smiley love How many children will be coming to your wedding?

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Valerie! I was thinking even giving your children a small gift like ring for your daughter and son or something special as a small keepsake. Hope this helps.
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always think it's sweet when the kids walk their momma down the aisle. Smiley smile
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can make them a junior bridesmaid and groomsman.

Or have them hand you the rings (not really a ring bearer, but just have them be in change of them at the ceremony and have them had them to you rather than the best man)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics