Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Yesenia
Curious February 2020 British Columbia

Chairs! Is it really worth the upgrade?

Yesenia, on March 5, 2019 at 18:39 Posted in Wedding reception 0 23
I hate chair covers but spend $150 on covers it’s better than upgrading to $1,000 on chairs. What will you be doing? Covers or upgrading chairs?

23 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 06:22
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just go with the chair covers. Honestly, save yourself the upgrade money and put it towards your honeymoon or something else that you will remember. Your guests aren't going to remember that you had Chiavari chairs or chair covers. I've been to so many weddings and I don't even remember the chairs at all. I do remember the weddings that had the best food and dessert though.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's a steep upgrade! Is there an in between option?

What is it that you don't like about the existing chairs?

Post a picture of the existing chairs so we can recommend alternatives to chair covers, or some that may be more aesthetically pleasing.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're skipping on the chairs covers: I've never liked the look of them. We're lucky that our venue has really nice chairs; but if the chairs were not that attractive, I would end up going for the covers over the upgrade. I don't think I could justify the cost of the upgrade.

Our venue's chairsChairs! Is it really worth the upgrade? 1

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing chair covers, they are included with the venue pricing. I don't mind them personally, but I know they aren't for everyone.

I also can't justify spending $1000 on chairs, so I would go with covers.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The chairs at our venue aren't very pretty to look at, but covering them is an extra $2 per chair.. so we decided to not cover them and use that extra money towards something else. I personally think that if they are comfy chairs but look ugly - cover them! Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Paying for chair covers if not provided, I would pass. Its not worth the extra cost if the budget isn't enough to go that direction.

We had regular white lawn chairs set up for the wedding portion outdoors as the chairs had covers for reception covered in the package at the venue. We were lucky enough to have that option. If we were to go with regular seating, that would have still worked for us in any matter.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I was in your position I would go with the chair covers - no point in spending that much over chairs! Plus, if you don't have a coat check, they are covered by jackets anyway!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has the chiavari chairs in all their reception spaces, and for the outdoor ceremony, thankfully I do not have to worry about chair covers or upgrading chairs. Plus they come in silver and gold which is amazing.

I have been to weddings with chair covers, and as long as they are just basic, actually fit the chairs and are not crazy colours they look ok! It all comes down to personal preference and budget. I honestly wouldn't remember the chairs from a wedding unless they were cheap folding chairs

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing chair rentals from a third party vendor. The chairs our venue has does not go with our wedding - they’re dark and it makes the room look dark.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What are executive chairs? You're definitely right that people will be dancing and not even sitting!

• Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I see your point! but I can't justify $1000 to upgrade chairs. The chairs at my venue are executive chairs very comfortable but not pretty to look at. I was hoping a nice fitted cover would do the trick. Plus I will also have a live band so hopefully, everyone will dancing and not pay any attention lol I have to think long and hard about this one.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If the chairs are bad they'll remember. I recall the chairs from 2 weddings I've attended. One were folding chairs that began to collapse under the heavier guests, and the other ones were really pretty acrylic chairs that were beautiful but not comfortable to sit on whatsoever. I think there's no winning!

• Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel you, Bianca. I am having an open bar. For me, I want to upgrade the chairs but think guest won't even remember what they will be sitting in.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ughhhh I honestly think chair covers are the worst! If I had to choose, I'd upgrade the chairs instead Smiley smile

• Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great Robyn, I have a year so hopefully, our venue does too. LOL Fingers crossed! Smiley smile

• Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kim, that is true.

• Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's how I feel Alexandra, I feel that I least need to put covers on the chairs to somewhat tie the whole look together.

• Yesenia
    Yesenia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome! That was a deal!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I absolutely cannot STAND chair covers! Luckily the venue we got has the upgraded chairs as their standard so we won that battle Haha!!!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m actually not doing either. Honestly no one is going to remember what the chairs look like and I don’t want to spend a whole load on hideous chair covers and I definitely can’t afford to rent different chairs
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't mind chair covers and they were much cheaper than renting fancy chairs elsewhere!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're lucky - our venue upgraded all their chairs last year, so we don't need to pay for anything extra. If they hadn't I would have gone with chair covers. I actually don't mind how they look at all.

• B
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Brandon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were doing chair covers. Much cheaper.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics