Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie October 2022 Ontario

Ceremony Spaces - gta

Jocelyn, on March 30, 2021 at 11:49 Posted in Ontario 0 6
Hi everyone! I'm currently planning a wedding for Oct. 9th, 2022. We found a lovely reception venue, but are having trouble with a ceremony space. Our reception venue does have the option, but there aren't a lot of outside picture options so we wanted to find a nice, historic type of space for a ceremony. Our original plan was Casa Loma which allowed this, but they ended up not having our date available.

Has anyone booked just a ceremony spot for a Toronto/Vaughan/Markham wedding? Most places don't allow for ceremony only or require a light cocktail reception as well, which ends up being roughly $65pp plus tax and gratuities.
Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Lindsay, on April 6, 2021 at 03:18
  • Lindsay
    Newbie July 2022 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been doing the same thing and found some packages at Graydon Hall Manor, the Florist's Loft, and Evergreen Brick Works!

• J
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I think I'm going to check them out. They offer ceremony only and it's a reasonable price. Includes officiant and organist too, always a bonus.
  • J
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! They seem to be the most open to this idea. Good picture opportunities too.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What's your budget? There are definitely places that will just host a ceremony with no cocktails (Vinod's suggestion of golf courses come to mind) but you'd likely be asked to have a really early start so they can kick you out by noon and sell the space for an afternoon/evening wedding.

• M
    Newbie December 2022 Ontario
    Marcy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you looked at the doctors house? They offer a ceremony only rental I believe.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know any spaces in the GTA though golf courses may be an option considering they have open spaces available. Historic sites can be searched and inquired to see if they will hold ceremonies. Its worth a try.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics