Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

Ceremony music

Rayanne, on November 8, 2021 at 21:19 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8
What is everyone doing for their ceremony music? I've been thinking more of the ceremony lately since most of the reception is taken care of now. I joined a Facebook group Grace Notes Events and I have to tell you I am so excited that I booked them. I once went to a wedding (as a guest of someone, so no relationship with the couple) and I have to say that the string quartet they had just made the day so spiritual and magical. I don't remember where the wedding was, it was outside and pretty but I don't remember anything else but I remember how the music made me feel.

Grace Notes will play for the half hour while the guests arrive, the entrances for wedding party (though very small) and for me. They also play during the signing of everything and they play for when everyone leaves.
Definitely more than I thought I'd pay for music for ceremony but at the same time it is one of the things I am really looking forward to.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on November 15, 2021 at 13:39
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a DJ play soft songs for the wedding while taking place and beforehand as guests were entering the ceremony. He was great and did have a bit late of an entrance start since some of the family wasn't all seated for time.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, having someone fade out the song when everyone's done their walk is better than letting the whole track run its course. Or worse, if you edit a track that's too short and the party takes longer to get to the altar lol.

Our DJ did mix up two songs for the procession. Not the end of the world but at that moment I did get slightly nervous about her potentially playing the wrong thing for the bride's walk down the aisle.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful. Neither one of us can carry a tune in a bucket so definitely not our thing 😆. I do like that since they are people they are able to time things so it follows nicely.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our DJ ran the ceremony music but I supplied specific tracks for them to use for the procession. I specifically chose sax or string covers of a song as opposed to their typical pop or piano instrumental arrangement. And for the bride's walk, I sang as she walked down the aisle so I had to give a specific instrumental.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes total sense!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That always works too. My DJ is a friend and I didn't want her to worry about moving everything between ceremony and reception. There really I not time from one to the other.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have our DJ doing our ceremony

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a coworker DJing for our wedding and he said he can take care of ceremony music as well, so we figured might as well go with that!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics