Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie August 2021 British Columbia

Ceremony in the round

Shaelyn, on January 26, 2021 at 01:07 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 6
We are planning an outdoor wedding with a stand up ceremony. I am really liking the idea of having all of our guests surround us in a circle, but am having a harder time finding examples without chairs involved. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on January 26, 2021 at 19:41
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Still doesn't negate the sight line issue though. You either have a circle so big that everyone (including your parents) is standing so far away from you or you'll have multiple circles and the people in the back can't see properly. And if I'm the one standing directly behind you or your FH staring at the back of your heads blocking my view of the other person, I'd get bored real quick.

• S
    Newbie August 2021 British Columbia
    Shaelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I should clarify!
    Our wedding will have about 50 people, no seniors. We are only planning for a 20-30 minute ceremony at the most, so hopefully most people can stand for that long!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A circle wedding is a nice idea though you should consider the elderly seated for the duration of the wedding and children (if invited) to want to sit with their parent as they get bored easily. The rest of the crowd can stand.

OIP.yRcGi-SpJ7TXA6iWUOI3tAHaHa?w=196&h=196&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7OIP.mCIO56B9sxivHMVRIpQgGAHaE_?w=276&h=186&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

• A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you ever seen the 1994 Little women? Ceremony in the round 1
    It's hard to tell in this picture but they have their family holding hands in a circle around them and walking around them in a circle for the ceremony. It's very cute. It would be a good way to make sure everyone gets to see part of the wedding. It would be harder for older people and might be hard to get photos, but if everyone walks slow enough and the ceremony is short it could be feasible.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agree with what Hank said. I love your idea but it may be hard on your guests to stand for such a long period of time.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's really tough enough to have a ceremony in a circle, but even tougher to have a standing one unless you have a small group of people. Even then, there's at least two unlucky people who will be seated directly on the sides who can't see anything since you're staring at the back of your/your FH's head which is blocking the face of the other person. And whoever stands behind the officiant will end up photobombing every picture during the ceremony.

And if you have seniors, asking them to stand for half an hour or more with awkward sight lines will be tough.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics