Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner July 2023 Alberta

Ceremony ideas

Stephanie, on July 25, 2022 at 13:26 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 16
We are getting married July 30th 2023. All I want is a small, sweet and short ceremony and we will go out for dinner afterwards. There will be a max 10 people. Where can I have this ceremony for little to no cost?

16 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 28, 2022 at 21:11
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are there homes that will rent out for weddings and to have pictures to take with a beautiful scenery? It can have your guests staying and catering food to the house to enjoy in the evening time.
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perfect! I hope you enjoy your experience as much as I have Smiley smile

• S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I have sent them an email and will check out the restaurant.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am using Shotgun Wedding for my wedding next August. They have been super easy to deal with and are very accommodating. I am doing a bit of a larger wedding of 40 people and I booked the Tunnel Mountain Reservoir and I am paying with taxes $3,045. This cost includes the fees and permits for using the national park and to take photos in the park, 1.5 hour of photography, Officiant, wedding licenses and certificate (they take care of setting this up for you, I only need to send them our drivers license when we get closer to the date).

The reason why mine was a bit more costly is because I am paying for an extra 30 minutes of photos and for reserving the park was an extra $500 in fees. They do have much cheaper options though with all the lakes that accommodates up to 15 people where it would be like $2000. with all I mentioned. They also have an option to add on flowers for the bride and groom.

As for the dinner, here is a link of all the cool restaurants in Banff and area that accommodates weddings of all sizes!

https://www.banffcollective.com/weddings

A place like the Three Bears Brewery and Restaurant have a wonderful room for 12 guests that is off from the restaurant for a more private dinner. There are other restaurants too.

• S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have you used them? Personal experience or know someone who has? I just checked the site and it looks like something that might actually work for me.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really check out Shotgun Wedding and Rocky Mountain Elopement. The prices all include the permits and fees needed to get married in the parks as well as to take photos in the parks, officiant, photographer, flowers and all the planning. It is super easy. After that, make a booking for 10 people at a restaurant. Depending on what package you go with it should not cost more than $6,000. Some of them even include hair and make-up.

• S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want free, you pretty much have to use a private property (ie friends or family's backyard). All provincial parks require a photo permit as well as any parks that are popular for events.

A two hour booking at Devonian Gardens is $550, which is not bad. Gives you an hour for the ceremony and an hour to take pictures.

• S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am looking for affordable and somewhere we can get nice pictures. Very casual so any good ideas for public parks or anything would be appreciated.
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was looking at that. Honestly looking for cheaper though. Somewhere affordable or free that we can get nice pictures at.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since you are in Calgary, how do you feel about going to the Banff area as an option?

Shotgun Wedding has numerous options for low costs weddings for elopements/micro weddings.

They start at around $2,100 and can go upwards depending on the add-ons. This covers an hour of photography, marriage commissioner, choice of ceremony location and they do all the planning and organizing.

https://shotgunwedding.ca/prices/

An other place that does elopements is Rocky Mountain Elopements. They are roughly $2,500 and upwards but on top of everything included in Shotgun Wedding they also provide flowers for you and the groom. They too have plenty of locations to choose from.

https://rockymountainelopements.ca/

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Okay so from a quick search Reader Rock Garden is a good low cost option (under $1000) for the rental fee
  • S
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are in Calgary
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want no cost, a friends/familys backyard and having a friend/family member being a temp officiant would be your best option. Its possible to use a public space as well but you may just want to check with your local govt that there isnt a fee, but even if there is it would be minimal.

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whereabouts are you located? Parks are a good low cost option but depending on where you are there could be better local options.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics