Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Laura
Curious September 2018 Quebec

Ceremony Ideas

Laura, on March 22, 2018 at 13:01 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 12

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I would like a non-religious short and sweet ceremony. Does anyone have any scripts to share with us that we can incorporate in our ceremony?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on March 24, 2018 at 19:03
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem Smiley smile

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg!! Amazing! Thank you so much!! This is so helpful Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Found it! Go to the second page. It's all on there Smiley smile

https://www.weddingwire.ca/forums/very-excited-over-here--t13551--2

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll try and see if I can find my old post with our ceremony. Ours is totally non-religious. We took two different ceremonies and amalgamated them together to make it about us.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Lynnie,

Wow! Great, thank you so much! We will definitely read the article!!!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Laura! We have a great article that explains the structure of the wedding ceremony that should be helpful: Wedding Ceremony Structure.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Courtney,

Absolutely! Google or Pinterest is always the way to go! Thanks for the tips!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our officiants gave us some samples through email. I can't attach anything to this response or I'd share them but they're pretty basic.

I found the most help was to just Google wedding ceremonies. I took bits of pieces of what I found on the web and created my own ceremony.

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Holly!

Wow that is really helpful and great for you guys! I will definitely ask my officiant if he offers something similar.

Thank you!!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The base she gave us was literally just the usual, nothing different then any regular ceremony. The only different things she does is having all our guests say "vows", she asks them if they all agree they said we do, she asks a few other things and they all say we do. And she also incorporates a part for friends and family that have passed. But the website she gave us has the tools and such to create a whole new ceremony, from the opening to how she words other things, teaches us ways to write our vows, gives ideas in different types of ceremonies and everything, it's honestly the best thing ever. I wish I could share it with you but it's client only so it's locked with passwords. But maybe your officiant has resources too, you should definitely ask.
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Holly!

We do have our officiant and he gave us a template he uses but we can basically change anything we want except for law parts! Are you able to share the base your officiant offered you? We want to pick and choose things we feel represent us as best as possible. I want our ceremony to feel like it's all about us.

Smiley smile

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our officiant is awesome and gave us access to her website that has TONS of ideas so we can pretty much write our own ceremony. She gave is a base and we can play with it as much as we want. Do you have an officiant yet?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics