Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Newbie August 2017 Ontario

Ceremony fusion

Pooneh, on July 13, 2017 at 23:22 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 4
Hi everyone,
I have a small situation that's been stressing me out for some time. I don't know how to incorporate a Persian ceremony with a civil ceremony. We would like to do both. Has anyone ever done this in the past? If yes, what is the best way to go about it. With a Persian ceremony the two of us will be sitting down on a chair and there's no exchanging of vows as you would be doing in a civil ceremony. I don't know if it will be weird to do the civil first with vow exchange and then do the Persian? Help or advise would be appreciated. Thanks !

4 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 17:06
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did a fusion weddding itself to combine civil and indian traditions. The one step i washoping to do was the 7 steps of promise. Due to th officiant not allowing this process, it woukd have revoked his licence. We did get to do 2 other indian traditions which one is posted.

Talk to your Officiant beforehand and see if he can do it or will it come between his practise.

Ceremony fusion 1
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have no advice since we decided that incorporating the religious ceremonies was too complicated and wasn't us anyway (FH is Buddhist (Japanese Canadian) and I am Lutheran) so we are just doing a very short civil ceremony with a nice non specific blessing at the end. I love the idea of 2 ceremonies it sound beautiful!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you talked to your officiant on incorporating the two? Maybe he or she might have done something similar in the past. I would love to know what that ceremony is like. The idea of connecting and sitting on silence, sounds amazing to me! Might be lovely to do that after your exchange of vows! Would be a pretty powerful experience I would think.
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My best friend had a catholic ceremony in a church and then had a persian ceremony at the reception venue. It's great to combine different cultures into your wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics