Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Frequent user June 2018 Ontario

Ceremony details - what are you doing?

Natalie, on July 30, 2017 at 15:24 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 22
Hi ladies! We are not religious and are planning a simple, short ceremony but our officiant has asked us to start considering what details we want. We don't want to do our own vows but have no clue about anything else and would love to hear what you're doing. Sand ceremony? Unity candles? Any particular readings? Thanks in advance!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 1, 2018 at 15:06
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Simple wedding and programs used as fans.

Ceremony details - what are you doing? 1

Ceremony details - what are you doing? 2

Ceremony details - what are you doing? 3
  • Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be keeping it simple and sweet. Just saying our own vows!
  • Jordie
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Jordie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're keeping our ceremony super simple and short as we wanted to do it at city hall then meet up with everyone after and celebrate but we got major backlash about wanting to see me walk down the aisle so that is what we are giving them.. simple short vows and then dancing.

• Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey,

Our officiant gave us a book of a whole bunch of different readings that we can choose from or put in our own. It was a lifesaver really. Maybe ask him/her if they have something like that they can give you.

• Hannah
    Frequent user March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Hannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on getting married in Dominican Republic. We have decided to integrate some typical wedding traditions from the DR into our wedding. If you look at your heritage, you could find some wedding traditions from your ancestors culture that may interest you
  • Alanah
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Alanah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not religious either so we have opted for a wedding commissioner. No sand or candle ceremony I want it very simple and quick. The love letter idea is great though!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hand fasting! It's a thing where they tie your hands together with ribbons.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He's our unofficial officiant. We have a legally certified officiant who will be witnessing the ceremony and she will do the pronouncement of us as husband and wife and sign the legal documents. Our friend didn't have time to get licensed.
  • K
    Beginner August 2018 Alberta
    Kayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Was your friend already able to officiate or did they go through the process for your wedding? We wanted to have a friend officiate but the process to do so in Canada seemed very involved.
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love it! Thanks for sharing!
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wine box and love letter ceremony. It's super cute. You write love letters to each other saying why you love that person. Sealed and left in a box that u can get or u can make one, that holds the bottle of wine, or u can supplement for whatever you choose. and they get opened on your 5 year anniversary.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a short ceremony as well, a friend of ours is officiating, and we are saying the vows that they have provided us. We are having a short reading and doing the exchanging of the rings, short and sweet. My FH and I are both Catholic, so we are going to have some elements of religion in the ceremony but as we are not getting married in a church, it is not traditional.

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bethany, what great ideas. I'm going to think about incorporating this into my wedding! Thank you.

• Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! Really appreciate your feedback!
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a very basic ceremony. We both are not very religious and I suck at public speaking so our officiant gave us a page of different vows that we can choose the one we like to recite on the day of and the standard norm of what has to be in the ceremony and that is it. We are looking at a 20 min ceremony.

I do like the love letter in a box idea its very neat.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having our ceremony in a Church which I know isn't what your doing, but I am more than happy to share my timeline with you. We picked one of the pastors at our Church to be our officiant and we went with traditional vows that they provide for us. We will be doing communion with the bread and juice and then a candle unity and before the ceremony, my mom and my fiancé's mom both light a candle and so instead of just 2 people joining together as one, it will be 2 families joining together as one.

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having a handfasting ceremony along with oath stones. So our colours for the ribbon and still need to choose river stones or tumbled for the guests to hold through the ceremony and place in a vessel to stay in our home.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having our friend officiate and will be saying our own vows. That's about it for us.
  • L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing something similar to a sand ceremony, only with paint!
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love that! What a unique and beautiful idea! Thanks for sharing.
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a sand ceremony, I love the "love letter" idea! so cute Smiley smile

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're doing love letters to put in a box to read 10 years later with a bottle of alcohol. We're doing a rose ceremony where we promise to give a rose if we have an argument or see the other person is having a bad day, so they remember our commitment and lovvvve

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics