Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jayda
Newbie June 2020 Saskatchewan

Ceremony Decorations

Jayda, on September 5, 2019 at 23:13 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 11
I’m looking for a way to decorate for our ceremony that won’t cost very much. We’re having it outside on grass. I was thinking of doing big burlap bows on the sides of the chairs as you walk down the aisle and flower petals on the grass. Anyone have low cost ideas?😊

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 23, 2019 at 16:38
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check aliexpress you can get bow ties that go on the back of chairs for 20 cents each!

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could get crates for $10 at Home Depot and stack them at the beginning of the aisle and put fake flowers or lanterns etc. A lot cheaper if you can buy them second hand
  • Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We called around to local flower shops. Got over 2 grocery bags full of real petals for less then $28. We had flower petals on hay bales at the alter with photos of family members who are looking down from up above. We asked my 3 brothers to walk them down... 3 brothers 3 family members.... Turned out one of my brothers couldnt do it for me for whatever reason (i dont think he knows that i know he didnt do it)... So my oldest nephew stepped up and did it. We had so many compliments on the unique idea.. And we had bubbles blown. After the big kiss. We had minimal decorations other then the flower petals and it turned out perfect for us
  • Kirsten
    Frequent user April 2020 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol I am not even putting effort into decorating the ceremony. It's going to be in a national park, lookup at the lake and mountains. I am literally doing the bare minimum and not overkilling anything
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours was super simple. Buckets with the love is patient poem on them. We added cattails with their greenery and ice inside with bottled water on the ends of the benches plus a few signs. Then tied some dollar store hearts onto the buckets.

Ceremony Decorations 1
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Michaels has a roll that you can buy if you wish to do a DIY project if the facebook doesn't have enough for what you need.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd definitely browse local Facebook groups/marketplace!

Like Tori said, make sure you are allowed to use petals at your venue, I'd look into real/biodegradable petals just in case they blow away in the wind!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

100% agree with Rayanne! Join Facebook groups in the area, and keep an eye out on Marketplace. I have seen some really good stuff for very good prices. One girl was selling basically everything she used for her wedding! I think I bought half her signs lol.

You could also do some tree stumps down the isle with lanterns on them. I have seen this done at a couple venues in our area for rustic weddings.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds nice - just make sure your venue for the ceremony allows the petals - my venue allows it but only with permission!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The rustic and burlap is so popular I'm sure you'll find so much stuff.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% look at people selling wedding decor. This is a great time of year for it. You may be able to buy stuff for cheaper than you can make it.... I am haunting the local marketplace in my area. So far I've made some amazing scores. I bought all the jars for a candy table for $15 and my mom and best friend are battling it out for who gets some of the jars for after.... I'm not doing rustic but I got some amazing centerpieces for $11/each. I want to add a couple of things but I have so much time I'm sure I'll find it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics