Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zara
Frequent user May 2021 Ontario

Ceremony at a Park?

Zara, on June 24, 2020 at 13:16 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 2

We will be having our civil marriage on a different day than our wedding party. Since I have postponed my October wedding to May 2021, I wanted to change things up a bit and do the ceremony at a park in Toronto with 40 people on a Friday and party with 500 people on the Sunday of that week. I do not know what the process is to plan for a ceremony at a park. From what I can see there are no chairs allowed and site permit and photo permit are booked separately? Any recommendations for a location? Need help Smiley smile)

2 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on June 24, 2020 at 23:13
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Once the city opens up event permits again, you can apply for a wedding ceremony permit for a particular park on your date. And yes, they're standing ceremonies only and the time you book includes any setup and tear down for things like a band. Not sure if ceremony arches are allowed so you'll have to ask but the parks listed for wedding ceremonies usually have some kind of structure that you can stand in front of.

Make sure you book the right amount of time because by-law loves patrolling those parks and give out fines to anyone not following the rules.

If you're only taking photos during the hour of your ceremony, then an additional photography permit is not required. You only need a photography permit if a small group of you want to go around the parks to take group pictures during the allotted time you booked. A lot of people like using places like Edward Gardens, High Park etc for engagement or wedding shoots so booking your time will ensure other couples won't bump into you fighting for the same spot at the same time.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Make calls around Toronto for parks to find out what is required for permits (if needed) and deposits to put down based on the area. It may be good to ask how many people they will allow too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics