Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

María
Featured Valle del Cauca

Ceremony and wedding reception in the same place?

María, on December 29, 2016 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Brides - to -be!

When the wedding reception is in the same place of the ceremony, everything is easier for your guests and planning. Are you having the ceremony and reception at the same place? Smiley ring

Ceremony and wedding reception in the same place?

Image: Pinterest

9 Comments

Latest activity by Terry, on January 2, 2017 at 15:01
  • Terry
    Frequent user May 2017 Quebec
    Terry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing it at the same place . We will have the ceremony in the garden in the back and then the reception in the hall
  • Caitlin
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! Ideally the weather will be nice and we will be getting married on a flagstone patio overlooking a beautiful golf course. However, if the weather is crappy, it'll be inside our beautiful reception location Smiley smile!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided not to have a church ceremony, largely because I am Lutheran and my FH is Buddhist and neither of us attend regularly so a secular ceremony made more sense. Because of this we wanted a venue with an outdoor ceremony site and we were able to find one!

Like Eartha I am a little concerned we won't have enough time for pictures between ceremony and reception since we are quite late in the day. I am sure it will be perfect because it is ours and not because everything runs perfectly! Smiley smile

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ideally I'd like the same place but it may be so pricy! So looking for nearby options like a park.
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine are in the same place! I am happpy to not have to travel

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did not have it at the same place but the ceremony and reception were within walking distance in the same area. We had the ceremony in a hotel and the reception at a restaurant nearby. We created a photo scavenger hunt for our guests for after the ceremony/before the cocktail so that they could walk around and explore everything. We even set up a snapchat filter for a few of the locations and it worked out really well!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Originally, I wanted to have our wedding in one venue but my mom wanted the ceremony at the church. We settled since she is paying for the church side. We have our venues close togther which is perfect.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our's will be in two different places as the ceremony will be at our Church! We will also have time between the ceremony and reception to get photos done
  • Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is going to be at the same place...

But now we are worried that we might not have enough time between the ceremony and reception to take pictures with all our guests

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics