Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Frequent user July 2022 New Brunswick

Centrepieces- Help!

Brittany, on August 14, 2020 at 16:42 Posted in DIY 0 12
Centrepieces- Help! 1
Centrepieces- Help! 2

Hey guys! I could really use some help. I’ve been slowly making centrepieces to see what we want and I figured out that I wanted to do three different bottles so I made one of each up (see pictures attached). I will be removing the label from the lemonade bottle, just haven’t gotten to it yet. Looking at the bottles something is bothering me and I can’t quite figure out what. I feel like something is missing though. I thought about adding burlap around the lemonade bottle or putting corks in it or putting something inside the wine bottle but I don’t know what would look best and can’t think of any other ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

12 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on August 15, 2020 at 23:39
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I didn’t realize they would be that cheap. I’ve only checked at a couple of local stores. I’ll be checking Amazon first thing in the morning!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Have you checked Amazon? I got a pack of 20 for $15!

I agree with the fairy lights as filler or keeping with the rustic idea to keep them tied together.

Love your DIY work though!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve been hoping to use fairy lights in one of them. Haven’t been able to find any cheap enough yet though!
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think some fairy lights would look gorgeous in the bottles, would help highlight the sparkles and add a nice elegant but simple finish!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for the advice! I really appreciate it
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That would look really nice, especially against the plain bottle!
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s a good idea! I’ve wanted to incorporate dried leaves or flowers somewhere but wasn’t sure how. And the glitter on it is homemade. All I needed was a clear wine bottle, lots of store bought glitter and Mod Podge. As well as a big mess in my living room lol.
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s probably it. I’ll have to go pick some up and change it around. I was also thinking of adding a small wood slice on a piece of twine wrapped around the wine bottle with the table number on it.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If they're all bound by a wooden platform, try using something rustic-themed like wood chips or crumbled dried leaves inside the lemonade jar.

Just curious, what brand of wine comes with such a glittery bottle? lol

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes the plan is all three per table. And they will be on a thin round piece of birch wood. And I was thinking about filler too. I just wasn’t sure what to do as I didn’t want it to be the same as the mason jar. I’ll try some of those out and see how it looks
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the lemonade bottle could use some filler, whether it be sand, pebbles, or confetti. It feels hollow because the other two has an aesthetic that fills the inside (the sand in the mason jar, the glitter that covers the wine bottle).

Are you looking to use all three per table or have each table use one of the three?

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think what feels different about them is they are each their own aesthetic. The paper flowers is like dark academia, the wine bottle is glam, and the lemonade bottle is rustic.
    That being said, you can still use all three of them! I think if you tie them together a little more, like if you swapped the sand out in the mason jar for say purple translucent pebbles, it would link them together and create a balance.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics