Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Curious July 2019 Alberta

Center Pieces

Amanda, on April 27, 2019 at 09:19 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12

For center pieces i have a double sided frame for each table. One side I will put the seating plan for the table, the other side I am debating putting a picture of us or the program for the evening.

Thoughts? Is a program necessary?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Sharlene, on May 8, 2019 at 17:41
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing photos. I think people will look at them more so than a program.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

IMO, I think you should go with a picture of you guys or different pictures at every table that maybe represent your time as a couple together? I've seen couples use pictures from their engagement session as well to name a couple options. I don't think a program is necessary unless you really want one but most guests generally have an idea of the flow of the reception night.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say to go with a picture of the two of you. A program for a wedding will for the most part always be the same so I would skip it unless there is something really important you want your guests to be present for (so they don't run to the washroom or leave early).

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Programs are definitely not necessary, but they're cute and not many people do them anymore. We are having them to leave on the seats before the ceremony.. I would put a picture in the frame behind the table number.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing programs for our reception and will have them at each plate, I think it allows the guests to follow along and know what to expect vs wondering how many courses there are or when certain things will happen. I love the idea of putting them in a frame in the middle

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't doing a program! I would do pictures, I like that idea!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Center Pieces 1

This idea of a menu card can act as 2 sided.

One side can have 2 pictures aligned as the other side can be the program you want to add. This idea was created for our guests to know what was served for meals and for late night buffet so their wasn't any confusion or food wasted.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Defiitely go with a picture! I think you can skip the program tbh.

• Lauren
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with the rest of the comments. A picture of the happy couple is better, I think.

If you are interested in a program for guests, you could always do one larger one near the entryway or do a print out to put at the bar. That way you can still have your program but you're not spending money on getting one for each table.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do the photo of you two over a program, most people won't even glance at a program.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We personally are not doing programs.
    I do not feel the need to be spending money on something people probably won’t look at. During the reception many people are just worried about food and drinks.
    i think a picture of you guys would be best!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m personally not doing a program.

Unless theres something going on your guests need to be aware of I.e., something special at 10 pm so guests don’t leave early, then I might skip on the programs just to save the cost.

But totally up to you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics