Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alessandra
Newbie June 2019 Ontario

Center Pieces

Alessandra, on June 29, 2018 at 21:54 Posted in Wedding reception 0 14

I am looking into center pieces and just wondering if anyone has any suggestions about getting them done on a budget.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Jane, on July 4, 2018 at 03:17
  • Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Beer and wine bottles are a great way to go! We ended up with cylinder cases form the dollar store $2/ vase. We are sticking to candles in the cylinders and 2 bud vases as a centrepiece. That way, we can buy bouquets and split them up, or bulk flowers. It also keeps the number of flowers needed down since the isn't a big vase to fill, also less DIY on the day before.
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered online from Costco. I get 20 something centre pieces with 6-8 stems all in for 168. The flowers ordered online are delivered wherever you want a two days before
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try making them yourself. This will save you lots of money. You can also sell them again after your wedding.

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you’re wanting flowers, you should check out Costco, you can buy in bulk, and then depending on your theme, and tables, you could buy vases from the dollar store, use wine bottles, cut the stems and use mason jars filled with water and have floating flowers, there are endless ideas Smiley smile
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm growing my own succulents too! We also found some wine bottles at the rental place with fairy lights in them, so we are doing that as well!
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awesome! Love that idea Smiley smile
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought bulk artificial flowers as accents, spray painted wine bottles, purchased second hand cylinder vases, crystal vases, tea lights, and loose pearls Smiley smile I highly recommend just playing around with a few things until it looks right. I couldn’t find “my vision” anywhere.. therefore I went that route and it’s perfect as well as cheap for our theme.
  • Tiffany
    Beginner August 2019 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A friend of mines made them herself after she ordered all the stuff she needed online. She ordered from a cheap international website, so she saved more than half than what she would have paid to get them from stores. It is much cheaper if you make them yourself, but do keep in mind that there is a risk of ordering from third party websites. There is a chance that the goods will never arrive or of a bad quality, so unless you have lots of time before your wedding date, I do not recommend this. Otherwise check local warehouses and you might find what you need.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try IKEA and Pinterest.
    https://pin.it/edzr73htx3bntb
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you check Costco.ca ... they actually have wedding flowers, including centerpieces. I found them reasonable.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wine bottles make beautiful decorations! We are making 20 of these centrepieces for $80. Just had to buy the lights and batteries (which we will likely be able to sell after and recoup some cost) So $4/centrepiece!

Center Pieces 1
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing my own centrepieces. I am growing succulents for my centrepieces. What I wanted would have cost a lot of money. This way I get what I want and they will look amazing.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I rented the centerpeices with floral balls less than expected. Something to think about.
  • R
    Curious May 2023 Ontario
    Rayann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saved a lot of wine and beer bottles and spray painted them gold. I'm having an elegant/rustic garden wedding

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics