Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner August 2019 Manitoba

Center Pieces

Taylor, on June 10, 2018 at 19:31 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8
I am looking for a cheap center piece idea that isn’t flowers. I am open to diy too Smiley smile

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on June 13, 2018 at 00:05
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Water beads come in packages and soaked in water to give the look of gel balls on colour or clear. I used that along with LED lights in vases rented for our reception.

Buy dollarama vases and flowers for simple ideas to give away instead of keeping to sell after.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your speaking my language with non floral centerpieces. I'm going to be doing some greenery with candles, lanterns, or bell jar lights and table numbers in metal picture frames. I have most of the supplies already so won't need to buy much. They can be done very inexpensive if you already have or can find inexpensive votive holders or other soft lights.

Center Pieces 1

Center Pieces 2
  • T
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds really cool! What are water beads??
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The led lights are really cool. We got a package of 10 for something like $15 (make sure they are submersible). Then we found glass vases at the dollar store for $2.5. You can do so many things with them.

A cool idea is water beads. You put the led light in the bottom of the vase then fill the vase with water beads you have soaked overnight. The light reflects of the beads. You can then leave it just like that or put a floating candle on top.

The led lights we got can be set to a bunch of different colours and have a setting where there fade to different colours.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There's tons you can do:
    - 3 different vase with LED lights in them
    - lantern with candles inside OR birdcage with candle inside
    - Candle holder but big feathers on top
    - wine bottles with branches in then (painted gold)
    - picture frames with your and your FH photos

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I second the glass vase and candle idea! Probably the most economical choice lol.

• T
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ooh cool idea! Thanks Smiley smile
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing glass vases with floating candles and rocks! If you can find people selling their glass vases used from their own wedding, they are usually pretty cheap, and if you live anywhere near a beach or even a rural area you can find free rocks (lol)!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics