Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liberty
Featured May 2022 Alberta

Celebrating Anniversaries!

Liberty, on August 16, 2021 at 19:42 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12
Tomorrow is mind and Fiancé's 4th anniversary and our last dating anniversary before our wedding!

We are going out for dinner and getting Engagement photos taken with our wedding photographer!
How do you celebrate anniversaries? Do you still celebrate your dating anniversary if you are married?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Liberty, on August 19, 2021 at 11:48
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our engagement shoot got rescheduled cause it was raining so that kinda sucks but we still went out for a nice dinner date! That's convenient you can just keep celebrating the same date! We discussed still going on a date night to acknowledge our dating anniversary!
  • Shauna
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Happy anniversary!! That's sounds fun ❤️ We happened to plan our wedding for the same day as our dating anniversary 😂 so we'll just roll it over. That said, I still think dating anniversaries are fun to celebrate because it's kinda special to remember the time when you first met and got to know each other, and reflect on how much you grew together during the first few years. I think It's different than the wedding anniversary, because by that point you already know and love each other and it signifies something different. In my opinion anyways. We don't usually do a big thing, just a little date out for dinner or drinks, sometimes we'll make a day of it and go to the distillery district (where we met).
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is the sweetest thing!
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We celebrate our yearly anniversaries. Ours is April 17.
    Our first year we went to Alberta for “Adventure Anniversary Alberta”. Our 2nd and 3rd have been pandemic. So, the first one we just ordered takeout. The third one, we ordered dinner in and a movie.

My FH is very cute though- every month, on the 17th, he brings me home 3 dozen carnations (my favourite flower). For the last 39 months 🙂 he never forgets. It’s sweet and I hope that doesn’t disappear when we’re married….. he will just have to move it to the 18th of every month lol
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our dating anniversary is in winter, around when all the restaurants are hosting Christmas parties. It's also the start of holiday pricing for any travel type of arrangement. Not that it will get better for a September long weekend... lol

As for what we do, there is always some kind of dining experience. It's a chance to splurge on a random meal that we want to try. For other activities, it depends on what we're in the mood for. We've done trips to other cities, seen shows, gone to a local resort etc.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were just in Banff last weekend! Very smoky tho

• Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yess very true!!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We can hope 😂 I think with what we are spending we won't forget 🙄
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A warm trip gets nice! Get a picture frame with your wedding date and a wedding picture then hopefully seeing the date more often will help you remember!
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! A mini trip sounds nice! We thought about doing a trip to Banff for our last anniversary before the wedding but I ended up going to Ontario last month
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Happy anniversary! Neither of us actually know what our anniversary would be. We met at the end of June not sure of the date we didn't take notice lol. So until we get married we have never celebrated an anniversary. Couldn't tell you the date of proposal. We are both terrible with stuff like that. I hope we'll remember our wedding date considering how long we've been waiting for it now! 🤣 because we are getting married in winter I'm kind of hoping we'll start going somewhere warm for anniversaries.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Happy Early Anniversary!!! Enjoy the moment of having your engagement photos taken!! Smiley heart

My fiance and I usually have dinner at Cactus Club since it's our fav restaurant. We've gone to Shania Twain concert for our 3rd anniversary. Jasper Trip for our second anniversary. Next year we're planning on a little get away again for our 7th anniversary since it'll be our last one before we get married!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics