Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caro
Beginner June 2022 Ontario

Catholic wedding in Toronto

Caro, on January 31, 2021 at 18:06 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Hi Toronto brides!! I’m planning our wedding for June 2022 and the ceremony will be in a Catholic Church. I’m having major struggles with the traditional catholic gap as most churches have mass at 5pm, so your ceremony has to be at 1pm. Does anyone know of catholic churches in Toronto or Mississauga that do not have 5pm mass on Saturday’s? Any advice or help is appreciated!!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Caro, on January 31, 2021 at 22:50
  • Caro
    Caro ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Super helpful! I’ll look into that church. Good luck with your wedding planning too!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiancé is polish and St Casimir’s (I think that’s spelled correctly) in Toronto has both English and polish mass - so I assume they allow English weddings.

Maybe contact them and see what they can do? Fairly certain they have Saturday mass though.
    We’re getting married in a polish church (fingers crossed) in Mississauga and I think their latest ceremony time was 2:00pm for a Saturday wedding.
  • Caro
    Caro ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! It does have to be in a Catholic Church, so we’re unable to use another church that isn’t catholic unfortunately! I’ve found a few in Toronto that have mass at 6pm or 7pm, but they are polish or Portuguese churches, so I’m unsure if they would even allow an English wedding.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Does it have to be inside a Catholic-specific church? I know people who are Catholic that used another church to maintain a faith-based ceremony while side stepping the marriage courses. I don't know if all denominations have mass at 5pm on Saturday but if not, can that work?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics