Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Curious September 2018 Ontario

Catholic wedding ceremony: "meeting the priest for the first time"-what to expect?

Katherine, on August 11, 2017 at 10:58 Posted in Before the wedding 0 2
My fiancé and I are scheduled to meet a priest for the first time on Monday(Aug. 14 2017) for our wedding on Sept. 2019, but we don't really know what to expect on that first meeting. Can somebody tell us what to expect and what normal that meeting is going to be about?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on August 13, 2017 at 21:04
  • Katherine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh god! You're just in time. Pur meeting with the priest is tomorrow. Thank you so much!
  • Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The priest is going to talk to the two of you separately and ask questions about yourself and your relationship. He will ask how long you've known each other, if you're a practicing catholic, if he is, what you do for a living, the expectations of raising your children catholic. He will ask if you're living together because that will decide which pre marriage classes you'll have to go to. It will honestly be like a 5 min interview each. Nothing too crazy. I was a little nervous going into it because although I'm catholic I do not practice. I got the speech on that I have an obligation to practice my religion. It's really not too bad though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics