Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Curious October 2025 Ontario

Catholic Wedding Annoyances...

TayCath36, on June 12, 2018 at 20:31 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 3

We have been trying to arrange Pre Cana classes at our church. Our priest referred us to a counselor. We have been emailing each other for over a month. The counselor does not respond to emails unless I send two of them. I sent the last email on May 30th.

Imagine my surprise when our priest called me today to ask about our Pre Cana progress! Smiley atonished I told our priest that we have not been able to get in touch with the gentleman he referred us to. Now we have to go to another parish and also have additional classes. If the counselor wasn't interested in helping us, all he had to do was say that he couldn't get us into any classes instead of ignoring my emails.

Our priest remarked that he saw us leaving Mass last Sunday and he would like to see us in church every week. My FI was not pleased about that remark. We typically attend every week but we have missed the last two Sundays due to health issues. I took it in stride though. I know our priest is very traditional so missing Mass is a big deal. Our priest is permitted to voice his concerns even if I find them a bit irritating.

3 Comments

Latest activity by TayCath36, on June 15, 2018 at 22:48
  • T
    Curious October 2025 Ontario
    TayCath36 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We finally caught up with the counselor and we're enjoying our sessions.

You made a great suggestion though. We weren't even offered the online option at our church!

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do one online.
    Catholic Marriage Prep is the course my FH and I did- but mainly because of his work circumstances
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear you've been having some issues. The Catholic church can definitely be old school sometimes. I too got married in the church, and we were lucky to have an amazing priest who was able to accommodate us for a lot of things, but there are definitely a lot of traditional ones out there.

I would suggest going to another priest, but I can imagine you've already got everything booked which may make it difficult. It would be pretty impossible to make it to mass every week, life happens and so does sickness. Keep your chin up!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics