Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaitlyn-Anne
Beginner October 2020 Ontario

Catering research

Kaitlyn-Anne, on September 10, 2018 at 15:20 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7
Hi everyone. We're still in the very early stages of engagement, but I wanted some input for the food I Invision.

I'm planning a fall wedding that's rustic to incorporate the beauty of nature and keeping it simple. I want to have simple foods that have the home cooked style "family recipe". I see things like Turkey, roast beef, pork loin, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, squashes, green beans, asparagus, etc. Fall related foods in season. I also see having a dessert table with apple pie, pumpkin pies, apple crisps, etc.

Simple foods that I know everyone will enjoy and goes with my theme. Not looking for a Thanksgiving wedding, but I want something that fits into that category.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on September 10, 2018 at 18:04
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think it would be at all "tacky" or gimmicky to have turkey with your fall wedding dinner... I think it's delicious comfort food that many guests will enjoy. Everything you mentioned sounds delicious.

I think also because weddings are generally a family focused event (close friends included), that having something homey like a turkey dinner buffet would work awesome!

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I say that all sounds amazing. And it’s making me hungry.

If you want to avoid it feeling like thanksgiving maybe go with pork tenderloin or roast beef over turkey (or whatever your family go to is). Also I would consider a maybe barley or a wild rice pilaf.

My wedding is thanksgiving weekend this year. We are most likely going with 2 main dishes of ( buffet so everyone can pick) pork tenderloin with an apple and cranberry chutney as the first option or a herb roasted chicken as the second. Both give you the flavours of fall without feeling like your eating a thanksgiving dinner.
  • Kaitlyn-Anne
    Kaitlyn-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that would be an amazing idea along with hot chocolate, coffee and tea of course Haha
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should definitely do cider and any other warm beverages (alcoholic or not) that fit the season! That would really create a cozy feel to your autumn wedding!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same - but with a guest list of 250 (for mine), it's just not possible Smiley tongue

For the dainties we will either go to a bakery and see about striking up a deal or make them ourselves and freeze them.

• Kaitlyn-Anne
    Kaitlyn-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks tori, honestly if my wedding size was smaller I would consider making food Haha but no one needs all that extra work and well groceries are just expensive too.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm right there with you Smiley smile

The food for my October wedding will be from Danny's whole hog. Pulled pork, baked potato, salads, chicken legs, mac & cheese, etc.

It will all be buffet self serve and we will be having dainties and pies for desert as well as the option to make s'mores at the bonfires that we will be having.

Go for it! Especially because if you go with "regular" or "common" wedding food you will get people commenting about how the chicken is dry or how the beef needed to rest more.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics