Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sara
Newbie August 2021 Alberta

Catering / General

Sara, on March 26, 2021 at 07:29 Posted in Alberta 0 2
Hello!

We have had a not-so-fun experience with our wedding. It was postponed from 2020, as I’m sure many of yours were, and then in the past month, our venue was no longer able to host the wedding and it was cancelled, and then our wedding planner quit (she was trying to get her business started and was a friend of a friend, so 🤷🏼‍♀️). Our wedding is supposed to be at the beginning of July, and so we found a new venue and paid deposits (I was relieved but now I’m stressed- who knows what will even be allowed? It seems so expensive for so few people).
Anyways, my main question is that we have now had to look at catering. Our new venue is approximately 15 minutes outside of the city where we live.
We have gotten a quote, and it seems okay (food wise). However, we told them the initial quote was out of what we hoped to spend (close to $9000). They did another one and it’s still so-so. The biggest issue is that have additional charges that seem excessive, considering the venue location (35 minutes from downtown, 15 minutes outside the city). For example, the cost of mileage is quoted at $400. Is this normal? Should we ask about it?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Bailey, on March 28, 2021 at 16:34
  • Bailey
    Curious October 2021 Alberta
    Bailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there ! I found an extremely great caterer named Randy ! His reviews were amazing and he is a retired chef ! If you want his information message me on here his prices are very reasonable !
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its seems excessive for the mileage cost though if that is their cost, you have to consider that factor to add in your budget. Would you take as an option to get the food or someone within the family to cut the mileage cost out? It is debateable to ask yourself or to get more inquires from other personal chefs that will give a better deal to fit your budget.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics