Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christina
Beginner September 2021 Alberta

Catering company in central Alberta

Christina, on November 18, 2020 at 21:53 Posted in Alberta 0 3

Hi all - anyone have experiences with hiring catering companies in central Alberta? We are looking at one (Red Deer Catering) which seem to have a great menu and offer good policies (especially for someone anxious about the what ifs of Covid in fall 2021) but they only have a handful of reviews (which are mostly 5 star, so that's good at least) and don't do tastings. Is it normal for catering companies not to offer tastings? I totally get it's Covid right now so that is a blocker, but it just seems a bit strange to book food for an event and not have much of a clue how good it is. Anyone else feel me?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Christina, on December 8, 2020 at 09:00
  • Christina
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! Yes we chose to go with them. I think I just had it in my head that tastings were normal (but obviously covid was a factor as well) but it totally makes sense what you say. They haven’t mentioned anything about a group tasting but maybe I’ll give them an ask in the spring Smiley smile thanks so much for the reply!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Christina, have you moved any closer to securing a caterer? Do they not to tastings because of covid, or do they not do them ever?

It is pretty normal that not all catering companies do tastings. The company I went with didn't do private ones, but every month or so would have tastings for those who had already booked in order to help us choose our menus. It's very expensive to host a small tasting so this seemed like a way of offering a service while keeping things manageable for staff and costs.

• Tracey
    Newbie October 2022 Alberta
    Tracey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! We have Red Deer catering booked for our 2021 wedding. I have been at other events were they have catered and enjoyed the meal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics