Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Devoted September 2019 Quebec

Catering budget

Stephanie, on February 22, 2017 at 11:47 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12

Hello everyone,

Eric has non stop raving about a venue in montreal which he hasnt even seen yet. So seeing that it is a venue in which I need a caterer, I am puzzled on the price and what to expect being a new time bride with ZERO experience.

Ive seen venues that have a menu of 50$-75$/per person and no venue fee. Im wondering if there are any caterers in montreal that are about the same estimate. Odviously I'd need linen and cutlery and etc but Im worried that its not in out budget.

Any recomendations?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on February 23, 2017 at 10:47
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emilie,

So far Im excited about La Vieille Brasserie which needs a caterer and L'Ambroisie which does not need catering. Im not especially picky witht he food. I love food. Though my guests are picky so the menu has to be simple..unfortunetly.

I've been getting reat feedback from Olive Orange and getting a price request from Marc-Andre Catering. I guess we shall see. Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Stephanie! Smiley heart What venue are you thinking of going for? I can't wait to see what you'll choose! Smiley love You can also take a look at the different caterers in the Montreal area and ask for pricing to get a better idea of what's out there: Wedding Catering Montreal What type of food are you looking for? Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah I heard so too, but still waiting on a reply. Smiley atonished

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent you a private message, but I don't know if it worked... decided to add it here:

I am waiting to hear back from Java U, Bistro Grace, Olive Orange, Vanou Catering & Decor,

http://www.montrealweddinghalls.com/pmg-catering

See link for menu: Catering for La Plaza (PMC) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3DnDMYaBQZ1aFdiVEctRmFJLTNoVmRCMjhaS0prejFpc1dJ/view

See link for menu: Catering from Crew Collective https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3DnDMYaBQZ1d2RUWVNtLVlQTXhqbklTLUo0VmhTZVVBbE80/view

Many people have mentioned this place to me so far:

http://www.simplywonderful.ca/en/Our-Menus/Hors-d-oeuvres

That's all for now!

• Carolyne
    Super June 2018 Quebec
    Carolyne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There is some less expensive in Montreal but if it is too expensive you can make your guests pay a little. Often under 30$/pers. People are totally fine with that! Let me know what you decided!
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend's cousin had a wedding and she had Java U as their caterer. Their food was great apparently.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting the girl guides to cater mine, their most expensive option was $20 per plate... Our venue provides everything except table cloths and water glasses... This is small town prices, citys seem more expensive... Your venue may include plates ect.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will check them out thank you!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Don't know if a restaurant is your style but check out Grace Bistro. I believe they do catering as well if you want to have a different venue.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have sent out some emails, and have names of a bunch of caterers that I got when we went to Salon Marions-nous, so I will get those to you Smiley smile

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Valerie, just send out some price requests so you can get a sense of what the average in your city is like. I can't even tell you Toronto prices as a guide either because I was looking at resultant buyouts rather than catering companies.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure of the averages prices out by you (I barely know what they are here because I looked at all inclusive venues so the prices were WAY higher, but included EVERYTHING). I would use the vendors tab and call around to a few places near you for prices. But $50-75/plate sounds reasonable (mine is $120/plate, and that's off-season and the cheapest option HAHA)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics