Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julianna
Newbie August 2019 British Columbia

Catering!

Julianna, on September 3, 2018 at 02:26 Posted in British Columbia 0 3
I live in Alberta, but getting married on Vancouver Island where the fiancés family is from. I’m looking for either a food truck or a catering company that does stations. Anyone have any recommendations?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on September 13, 2018 at 18:17
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve heard good things about Toque and we’re optioning for our wedding as well.

Many places will do food stations. We found Toque here on WW.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I used to work for a dealership in Victoria, and we had to hire food trucks for events. We usually only booked one, and they required a minimum spend to commit to being there.

Grilled to the Mac is my #1 choice! They are absolutely amazing, and super delicious! People raved about them.

I would suggest contacting 2 or 3 food trucks, explain the situation, and then ask what their minimum spend would be to have them there. (I'm pretty sure ours was only $400-500 with G.T.T.M.)

You could easily provide 3 food truck options for your guests, and if you're covering the cost of food, just get each truck to tally the food "sales", and voila!

If you want to make sure you can estimate food budget, give your guests a "dinner voucher" they turn in when they get their meal.

You also know if one food truck is less popular, the most you will spend on it is the minimum you've agreed to. October isn't necessarily a very popular time for events where food trucks are present, so as long as you reach out early, it should be easy to lock down a few of them! Especially if it's dinner time, busiest time for them is usually lunch.

One warning for food trucks: check reviews, and ask how they handle large crowds. The last thing you want is to have guests waiting 15 minutes for a burger.

Great idea though! And good luck!

• Kelsea
    Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could check out Toque catering as well as Melting Moments. There are toooooooons of food trucks here but i'm not sure how many of them do wedding catering. Here is a list of the top 10 food trucks in Vic though!
    Deadbeetz
    Taco Justice
    Grilled to the Mac
    L'Authentique Poutine Burgers
    Finest at Sea
    Coast Lunch Box
    Greek on the Street
    Wannawafel Cart
    Juma

Honestly if you just hopped on google and typed in Food Trucks, Victoria BC you'd get a pretty extensive list then you could probably contact them personally! Sounds like your wedding is going to be delicious!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics