Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Frances
Newbie September 2022 Alberta

Cash Bar or Corkage Bar

Frances, on October 18, 2021 at 02:16 Posted in Wedding reception 0 4
Hi Guys,

Just a lot of thinking about how are we gonna do our beverage service on our wedding (getting married on Sept.10,2022). My fiancée and I don’t drink,but both of our friends and family does.I mean a lot of them! So far we have about 125 adults in our guestlist,not sure if all of them is coming and with Covid and restrictions we still don’t know how everything will work out..The reception we booked recommended to just do Cash Bar,of course for them to make money I guess. But originally we wanted to do Corkage Bar but the hotel/reception is asking us to get liquor license,personal liability insurance,corkage fee,service charge and GST,Hire their bartenter for minimum of 5 hours.So now,Im just thinking of just saying yes to Cash Bar because I don’t want to go through all stress of dealing of what they are asking.Did anyone had to deal with this at all?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on October 18, 2021 at 16:46
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First, are you doing a cash bar (where guests pay their own drink) or a consumption bar (based on per drink prices that you as a host pay for)?

If you're the one paying, I would just stick to the consumption bar. Even if you don't stress with all the logistics of bringing everything in, the corkage and service fees alone will probably jack your costs up to more than what you pay for a consumption bar. Plus, you still have to pay for the alcohol you get from the liquor store.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not a problem at all 😊
  • Frances
    Newbie September 2022 Alberta
    Frances ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your reply. 😊
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are doing a cash bar since we know that both sides of our families can drink a lot and that way we don't have to deal with the big bill at the end of the night.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics