Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shannon
Newbie August 2020 Ontario

Caribana weekend weding

Shannon, on May 21, 2019 at 18:00 Posted in Ontario 0 6
Hi All,

So without thinking I booked the wedding on caribana weekend in the distillery district. Has anyone had it been to a wedding in Toronto on that weekend? We can't change the date but I am so worried about the commute for everyone. The cheapest hotel we could find was $320 a night too! My guests are already not happy with it. Any advice?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kelly, on June 4, 2019 at 00:46
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest blocking hotels right away and or looking into Air BnBs... your guest may not seem happy about it but at the end of the day its your wedding and they will still come. Be happy with the dat and venue you have chosen and let your guests choose to book the hotels you've blocked or try and find their own cheaper option!

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Shannon! Firstly, congratulations on choosing your date and booking your venue!

As the pp's suggested, you could look into booking a hotel block so that you can hold a room price for your guests so that hopefully they do not go up anymore.

You could also look into Airbnb's in the area and suggest to your guests to do the same.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are there any other hotels in the area that can accommodate your guests for a lower discounted price. The current hotel is rather pricy and for the weekend.

Check around and see the distance to the venue and if nothing comes close than the hotel right now, just have to stick with it and they choose another hotel or motel to save the money if choose not to go with your hotel choice.

• Tonya
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Tonya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Can you get a block of rooms at a cheaper price from the same or different hotel? GROUPON!! Lol good luck!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not familiar with what that is or where that is really - but what about AirBnB?

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Book room blocks north of the city that’s accessible by subway. I also made the mistake of choosing Carabana weekend for my wedding and found that the room rates up in Woodbridge were around $200/night.

Good luck tho! Who knew it was the busiest weekend in Toronto all year? Lmao!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics