Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abbie
Devoted June 2022 Nova Scotia

Card Box

Abbie, on April 22, 2021 at 08:40 Posted in DIY 0 15
Did anyone use this box from Michaels for their wedding? It’s on clearance so I want to snap it up, but the reviews are pretty mixed.

Also, if you used it, did you customize it? Would be looking to hand paint some details.
https://canada.michaels.com/en/david-tutera-whitewash-card-box/10544433.html

15 Comments

Latest activity by Abbie, on April 22, 2021 at 21:28
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I’ve gone down the Etsy rabbit hole - so many beautiful ones, but so expensive!
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are welcome. If I see any in my travels I will keep you in mind.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! Smiley smile that’s a huge help! What a bummer that you can’t add a lock...I guess I’ll need to keep looking! Smiley smile
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Card Box 1
    Card Box 2

Card Box 3

Here are a few pictures. Looks like you can not add a lock to it.
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    😁 😁 I think it would make a beautiful keepsake!
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much!! ☺️
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can't remember. I actually bought mine last year as we were supposed to be married July 2020. I will check when I send you the picture later.

• Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is such a great idea. The size of it would fit quite a bit inside. Hmmm now you have me thinking. Smiley smile

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can’t quite tell from the pictures, would you be able to lock it with a hanging lock?
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much, Cindy! I am hoping to repurpose mine as a keepsake box after the wedding Smiley smile
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will post a picture for you tonight. It it pretty sturdy overall however the lid seems like it may fall off if its opened or closed too many times. I am pretty happy with it overall and look forward to using it once we can have a wedding reception.

• Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I don’t have any experience with vinyl but I do with acrylics, and figured they were a whole different beast but I’m relieved to have you confirm that! Might have to just take a chance since I’ll have to order it, but I figure I can always return it to a Michaels if it comes in all dinged up! Smiley smile
  • Abbie
    Abbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s good to know! Sounds like several of them are dinged up and it just depends on the particular box you get! Do you have any pics of your one? I’ll have to order it online as they don’t have any in Nova Scotia stores so I guess it’ll be a gamble! At least with a corporation I can always return it in store....does it seem fairly sturdy?
  • Cindy
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought this one in the dark colored wood, on clearance as well. When I bought it I thought it would be better quality however the scratches and dings actually make it look more rustic in my opinion. I will also be painting some stuff on it I think so it will completely change the look. If you are thinking budget and your own personalization, I would go for it.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I won't be using this one, but reading the reviews it sounds like the people that tried personalizing it were all using vinyl decals. I work with vinyl and there are just some materials that it won't stick to, but will nevertheless take the paint off if it's not finished properly. So I think as long as you're hand painting the personalizations then you'll be fine. But I do notice that Michael's isn't always the best when it comes to scratches or any other deficiencies if you're not picking out the product yourself. That's a personal experience, so don't let that completely deter you, just something to be aware of.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics