Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethany
Super July 2018 Alberta

Candy bar or cookie bar?

Bethany, on November 27, 2017 at 23:42 Posted in Wedding reception 0 27
So I have been really contemplating which idea would work best! My fiancé really loved cookies (like eats two cookies a day as he works on his family farm and his mom always has cookies lol). But candy seems so much more economical. I haven't looked at prices but what does everyone think?! And if you had the option what would you do?

27 Comments

Latest activity by Stacey, on December 12, 2017 at 12:15
  • Stacey
    Newbie August 2019 Nova Scotia
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a cookie bar and was thinking of doing it as well since I love to bake! I think its cool that the cookie theme has a story! Everyone does candy bars so I'm also leaning towards the cookie idea

Most cookies can be made ahead and frozen - Cool the cookies completely after baking, layer them in air tight containers with waxed paper or parchment paper between the layers of cookies..then you can thaw them out! Most cookies can be frozen for a few months And you could even have the wedding party and parents help bake things too depending on variety wanted and numbers needed!!Smiley laugh

• Megan
    Beginner November 2018 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a candy bar with bags so guests can take it home with them. My fiancée and I are huge candy people, I saw candy bars were the jars had a sign that said his favourite and her favourite which I want to do.

You should do cookies since your fiancée loves cookies and get your families to help out by making some.

• Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love that cookies tie into you both as a couple and t has meaning! I’m pretty sure you can go to bulk barn and purchase ready made cookies or you may want to try baking your own? There are tons of delicious cookie recipes on the food network website! It is more work but you can find recipes for cookies that have a later expiry date so you can get that done ahead of time
  • Charlene
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having a candy bar. There will be organza bags with customized tags on them so the candy will act as the wedding favour
  • Crystal
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Crystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cookies! Hands down!
    Its a bit different then your typical candy bar!
    if you’re doing cookies home made its that much more special and cost efficient!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also second cookies! You can name the cookie-baking “get together” and trap them all into coming into your place muahaha. Seriously though, I think they will be so much better and oersonal, if you want to go the extra mile baking them Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that would be awful!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it should be! Plus it makes my life easier haha don't have to make hundreds of cookies by myself. 😜
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such an awesome thing for you and your girls to do together! Smiley smile I'm glad I could inspire you.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that's what I was thinking! A lot more from the heart! That's a great idea actually! I'll have to ask some of my girls if they can come over lol. And yes I think his mom is going to make some too 😊
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds more personal too since your fiancé loves them and maybe his mum will bake a few dozen. Cookies freeze well too so you could have a wine night with your bridesmaids and go cookie crazy and keep them frozen until the wedding.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes definitely! That's what I was thinking too! A lot of people have candy I noticed
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cookies! Candy is very nice too but I think cookies are more original
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that sounds good! You'll have to most pictures once it's all together on your wedding day and share! Lol
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really hope so! At my bridal shower, people are giving me recipes so I'm hoping that their are some cookie ones I can use lol
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! It also sounds tasty!

• Carole
    Beginner August 2018 Ontario
    Carole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fh LOVES to bake so he is going to be doing a sweets table both baked goods and home made candy
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great idea! i may have thought about it probably later than sooner 😂. Thanks! That way I make a bunch of dough and freeze it and make them close to the date to keep the cookies fresher!
  • Erin
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I would personally do cookies as I like them more. You could even make them yourself if you wanted to save a little cash. You could make a bunch of dough ahead of time and just cook them the day of or give them to your caterer to cook.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is true! Unless my fiancé is around ! He is such a Cookie Monster!! Lol it's such a hard decision!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I'm so unsure!! I would have them all homemade but every time we go to my fiancé's grandparents house they always send cookies home with us! So if we have a big cookie baking party, I'm sure we could cut costs somehow! Plus I have candy jars but I think I could use them for cookies too, they are both quite similar other than the scoops you use for candy.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooohhhh!!! Yes definitely! I would make them all homemade of we were going to do them! And I don't think it would be an issue to have them make cookies! They always make cookies for my fiancé!! It's crazy lol
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I actually already ordered my cake! It's a three tier cake! Super excited as it is kind of flashy! I'm thinking maybe we could incorporate the cookies into the midnight snack maybe? Your wedding sounds like an awesome place to be at! I want popcorn!! Lol
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both would be delicious! I agree that the candy is probably cheaper and easier though and it will last guests a longer time than cookies as well
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Either sounds great, I'm sure your guests will love them. Candy does sound easier and cheaper though, easier to transport for sure. I think it is worth checking out cookie pricing before you make your choice though.

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did cookies as favours - my vote is cookies!!
    And to save costs you could always ask his mom, your mom, grandparents to help make cookies !

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cookies would be really cute and you could get them customized with your names or initials! Maybe think about getting a smaller cake and put more of that budget into the cookies?

We are doing popcorn favours because my FH is a big movie guy and he love caramel corn!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics