Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Expert December 2018 Ontario

Candles lining aisle

Emma, on July 2, 2018 at 22:09 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 13
I love the look of candles lining a wedding aisle. But I’m wondering how safe this actually is. I know you could use led candles but even realistic ones don’t give quite the same look (and they are pricey).

Is anyone lining their aisle with candles?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Parth, on October 22, 2018 at 23:02
  • Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What about fishbowls or vases with some sparkly beading in the bottom for the candles, whether real or LED, to nestle into? I'm doing something similar with pearls for my décor and I loooove the look!

• E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ok back to this idea. What do people think of led tea lights in mason jars placed in groups of 2 or 3 beside chairs? I could tie ribbons matching our colours around the top maybe?

We aren’t doing a rustic theme. We are doing more of a sparkly Christmas theme (my venue is going to have Christmas trees in the room). So I’m not sure how this would fit. And would the mason jars or tea light seem too small?

The budget can handle purchasing enough led tea lights, but not led pillar candles.
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh I love this idea for a fall wedding!!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can put the candles in glass vases that are taller than the flame will me to make it safer and this will allow you to get really creative with it if you want

Candles lining aisle 1

Candles lining aisle 2
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to do this as well because I also love the look and my venue allows it...but because of how many people we will have the isle will be too narrow and the chances of them getting knocked over are high! We opted out of putting anything down our isle.

• E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Again, I’m not doing this as I don’t want to take a risk. My question was had anyone done this or planning on it.
  • Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would talk to the venue and see what their policies on open flames are, and if they've had lit aisles before. That way you can get a better idea on it. And while there is a risk factor, there's also a risk factors with so many other details at any Wedding. Like having a drunk groomsmen fall and grasp for the table cloth and completely pull it off topling centerpieces, 6 meals, and ruining a brides gown (terrible sight). Just take precautions on the day of and you'll do fine Smiley smile
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you looked at the LED flameless candles? The ones where the flame looks like its dancing around? I have some at home and they do look real and give off the same warm glow. If you have a wider straight isle and plan on only seating guests from the outside (ie main aisle is blocked off so only bride and bridal party walk down in) then you should be ok.

I also love this look but we will probably have to fill seats from both the outside and the main aisle so that's not an option for us.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    LED lights candle would be a safer option though it doesn't give the full light your wanting. I wouldn't take the risk of real candles.
  • Amelia
    Curious October 2018 Nova Scotia
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im using pillar candles inside pumpkins (fall wedding)
  • E
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My venue is ok with candles as long as there is no open flame (covered in glass). I’m not going to do this. I’m way too nervous someone (including myself) would knock one over.

I just love how it looks and wonder if anyone has done that.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you asked your ceremony venue about their policIes or if they’ve successfully done this before?

I’ve seen this done once at an outdoor pavilion ceremony with small candles in big hurricane candle holders!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the look too but there's way too much risk associated with exposed flames (even if the glass is high, I wouldn't want to take the risk.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics