Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kassandra
Newbie June 2020 Ontario

Cancelled weddings due to Covid?

Kassandra, on April 16, 2020 at 16:44 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Our wedding is supposed to be June 6 2020, however due to the covid, our wedding coordinator asked us to postpone. Thing is, postponing isn’t an option for us as my mother’s health took a turn recently and we have other plans for next year. So pushing the wedding back to 2021 wouldn’t work, and if we were to push it to the fall of this year and have to cancel again?

My anxiety is through the roof about not being able to get a full refund considering this worldwide situation. I understand the cancellation clause is there but pretty sure global pandemic isn’t in the fine print. Words of encouragement?
TIA

4 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on April 17, 2020 at 10:22
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm so sorry. I hope that you can find something that works for you all.
  • Kassandra
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Kassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did see this for many people, however, the medication my mother is on, we can’t be around her for a long while as it’s very immuno-suppressant. It’s a sticky situation for certain 😔 thank you
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I see so many people are keeping their original date with a very small group and having the big party for their one year anniversary. Is this something you would be interested in? Something to think about anyway.
  • Callie
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Callie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Tia, if there's a will, there's a way!
    As you might have already learned through wedding planning, its all about the things we prioritize and the things we make choices on. If it is important to you to have your mother there, perhaps you can compromise and do a smaller gathering and forego the big wedding party. If your'e really stuck on having a big wedding, then postpone it and do what you need to do and have your dream wedding!

Remember its only one day. What's more important is being married to the one you love and making love work Smiley smile (that's the hard part!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics