Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious October 2021 Ontario

Canadian Gift Registry ideas

Catherine, on January 22, 2020 at 15:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11
Hi!

I'm wondering what people's thoughts and experiences have been with the various options for gift registries in Canada. Long winded note below

The Bay and Bed Bath & Beyond seem quite popular, however I'm getting mixed reviews from family and friends. Alot of the negative Bay feedback seems to be with couples not in cities. Then overall lack or delay of updates on the registry causing couples to receive multiples of certain items. No one has used BB&B so I have no real reviews.
Feedback and suggestions welcomed!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Catherine, on January 25, 2020 at 08:07
  • C
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Both can be done online (much more enjoyable to sit and enjoy some wine as you shop right?!?). FH is looking forward to going around with the scanning 'gun', so we can add both in store and online Smiley smile

I'm thinking registering at both is a smart bet, as some folks are in regions with only internet access to both stores.

Can you think of any other stores who do registries?

• C
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are in the same boat with store options (Walmart isn't my thing), but as Ottawa is a couple hours away- a day trip is no issue.

I try to avoid Amazon (impact on environment, and they always seem to use a box bigger than needed). But it maybe an option. The buying of gifts elsewhere is to be expected- folks have to maximize their dollars.

• C
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I seriously love a good sale, so I have no issue if some finds items on less elsewhere. A small pain on the registry, but easily dealt with.

Smart asking for GCs from Home Depot, or any specific store! We've been getting HD GC's on the regular from his family, and as home owners the constant renos/maintenance all adds up lol

• C
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley smile Yup! The Bay and BBB both offer the % off when buying items left on your registry.

I didn't know Chapters had wedding registries! I think that maybe my go too- one can never have to many books Smiley winking

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH and I set up small registries at both Bed Bath and Beyond and Chapters/Indigo.

I used to work at BBB so I knew I wanted to go there and they had a lot of options for small appliances that we were wanting to replace. From my experience working there I would see a lot of people shopping in store off registries, and also after your wedding you get a coupon for 20% off your whole purchase to buy anything left on your registry

• Stef
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Stef ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you use myregistry you can add things from any store and it will be in one place so you arent limited to just bed, bath and beyong or amazon. Guests just click on the item and it sends them to whatever sight you buy it at.
  • M
    Curious May 2020 Yucatán
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We registered with amazon and it’s been really good! It’s nice to just scroll through and add things to our registry whenever we want. I don’t have any experience with the bay but my friend had hers registered at BB&B and I don’t think she had any problems. That was my first time ever dealing with a registry and it was quite easy to follow, I just asked the sales person for my friends registry and she printed it and I was able to shop around the store.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bed bath and beyond might be hard cuz theres not many locations around however i believe you can register online and have the items shipped to your house or to a locatio near your house. you could also register at both and then people can do whats easier for them.

• Breanna
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Breanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We use amazon all the time in daily life, so it just made sense to use amazon as our registry. I'm finding it really easy to add things to the wedding registry list and just over all really easy to use.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My city doesn't have either Bed Bath & Beyond or the Bay so we won't be bothering with a registry. I dont think there is a single store here with a wedding registry anymore!

I'm pretty sure that Amazon let's you do one with items from all sorts of store websites, that might be a better option than using the Bay directly. The one problem with the Amazon one is if someone goes to the physical store and buys it they need to tell the Amazon registry that they did which isn't likely for some guests.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found that BB&B was the best bet - cheaper than The Bay, but not "unclassy" like Walmart... although tbh I got a few multiples of items because people found the same item at Walmart for less (so it didn't update the registry at BB&B to say it was purchased). We also put down that we are open to GC's from Home Depot (for my Husband who is a carpenter).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics