Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Newbie September 2018 Alberta

Calgary ceremony location ideas?

Amanda, on July 4, 2017 at 16:54 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 3

Looking for something simple (minimal setup and decoration requirements) that can fit just under 100 people for a fall wedding in Calgary. We want the main focus (and budget) directed towards our reception, so ceremony would ideally be "no fuss, no muss". Anyone have any ideas?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Laura, on July 6, 2017 at 15:47
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a boatload of research on this a year ago when I started looking. Depending on what you are considering for a reception site you might be able to do your ceremony at the same location often included in the cost of the reception or for a small additional rental fee. Our location (Blue Devil Golf Course) just has a food minimum and then everything else is included (ceremony, reception, tables, chairs, linens, glassware etc). Some of the restaurants (The Lake House, Rouge) had similar arrangements.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When I lived in Calgary, I always loved the Bow Valley Ranche as a venue idea but I've only ever seen it never attended an event there. The photos would be gorgeous in Fish Creek in the fall.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome Amanda!! Have you tried looking through the WeddingWire directory of wedding venues for Calgary? You can take a look here. Also, if you don't mind driving a bit out of the city, you can check out Cochrane RancheHouse just outside of Calgary.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics