Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alicia
Newbie May 2021 Ontario

Cakes

Alicia, on March 9, 2020 at 19:34 Posted in Wedding reception 0 8

Has anyone not done a cake... did anyone notice? We already have dessert with the meal and then late night food

8 Comments

Latest activity by Carly, on March 17, 2020 at 07:04
  • Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Doing something that fits with you makes more sense than a cake. If you do one, make it small since no one really misses eating it, but I also like the literal cheese cake. Doesn’t quite fit for what I want to do, but I always thought it would be super cute to do a pizza 😋 most couples share pizza rather than cake. Cute pics to get the point across, and obviously super cheap
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do what you like. We are not dessert eaters so we are doing a "cheese cake" similar to below....lots of ideas on pinterest. We will be doing a few desserts like cupcakes for those who have a sweettooth (we have several)

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/499969996134825352/

Cakes 1

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Didn't do a cake. nobody noticed. nobody cared.

what they did care about was that we had doughnuts. and they ate them ALL

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lots of people skipped a cake!! i have a fake cake for display. literally Styrofoam and im rolling white fondant on it and adding some flowers and it is literally for a specific picture i want and then garbage lol no one eats wedding cake. my cousin got a 5 teir cake and went home with 5 teirs she ended up throwing it away cuz they had dessert from the hall

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are skipping the cake! Neither FH and I are huge fans. We have dessert with our dinner, and then we are doing edible favors. We have had about 80/20 on feedback from this. Shockingly, a few guests were offended that we were not giving them cake at the wedding? The rest really did not bat an eye. FH and I are not doing all the traditions out there unless we really enjoy them ourselves.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Been to ten weddings in the last three years. Ate cake once. Nine out of the ten couples have told me they had too much cake leftover.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've seen a lot of weddings where they've replaced the cake with a dessert table and I haven't heard any complaints. If you don't want cake skip it, as long as there is something for the sweet tooths it'll be fine.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think anyone will miss it. My best friend had cake at her wedding and they forgot about it till most guests were gone. There are a lot of people who don't have it. My FH wants to have the cake cutting tradition so we will have a small cutting cake with cupcakes instead. If it isnt important to you I wouldnt bother.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics