Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tanya
Curious October 2017 Ontario

Cake pricing

Tanya, on December 5, 2016 at 20:26 Posted in Ontario 0 10
Anyone have some insight on wedding cake costs in ontario????I am looking to have a small 2 tier cake for 80 people. I hate fondant so I want either a naked cake or a butter cream cake. Just wondered the price range I'll be looking at.Thanks

10 Comments

Latest activity by Gart, on January 8, 2019 at 14:54
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Louise! That's a great deal! What type of design did you choose for your wedding cake? Smiley smile

• Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having a 3 tier naked cake for 80 people with roses on each tier for $290. That includes delivery and set up at my venue. I am in the Montreal area. Try going for independant bakers instead of bakeries. The bakeries charge more.
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're narrowing down a few designs but we love the small top cake to keep for the 1st anniversary and have cake pops and cupcakes. That cuts the cake cutting fee unless you have that covered in your pkg. we do have it covered so either way. I love the look of a birch tree cake so still doing some debating.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cake pop cake is different! Neat idea Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tanya! Wedding cakes can really vary, I'm glad you're asking this question! Smiley smile You can take a look at the vendors in our directory and ask them for quotes: Wedding Cakes Brampton It really depends on the options you want to have and the design that's for sure! What design did you have in mind for your wedding cake? Smiley smile

• Jennalyn
    Frequent user February 2017 Ontario
    Jennalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing a small 6inch cake with frosting and 145 cake pops for $300 something like the pic only with small cake on top for us to cut not the flowers

Cake pricing - 1
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whoa I am happy my cake is super cheap after hearing these prices... Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a 2 tier with buttercream (and a few gumpaste flowers, feeding about 80 as well) and mine is costing me $325 (with delivery and set up). I priced things out in the GTA and Niagara region and that was the best price I got, the highest was about $650 (but they wanted to do a 3 tier to feed 80)

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The cake I priced out for around 125 people (we are having 225 guests) was about $600. But if you are only doing 2 tiers and a naked cake it should be way less. Also another bride suggested to me, in order to keep the costs down is to make a smaller cake and then buy a sheet cake for the caterers to cut. Much much cheaper! Hope this helps!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tanya!

Are you looking for a cake shop? or would you feel comfortable with an independant home baker? I know some small businesses from homes charge much less (less overhead running the business) and you might be able to get the cake you descibe as low as 100$ (maybe less?) or a detailed, stand-alone bakery cake might run 300$.

if you are ok with home businesses check of facebook and kijiji- just make sure you look up references too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics