4 Comments

Latest activity by Amelia, on April 23, 2020 at 21:22
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did some parts of our planning early and now I'm glad we did. At the time I was worried I wouldn't have anything left to do before the wedding.

I would recommend cupcakes because guests can take leftovers home more easily. We are getting little take out boxes that will be brought out about an hour before we wrap up so people know they can take an extra home and hopefully we won't have any left. You can still display them in tiers and even have venue staff refill the tiers to keep the cake from looking like it's been picked over.
    Our postponment hinges on FH's family being allowed to enter the country. If they can't we plan to elope and have our reception on our first anniversary. Honestly I'm ok with either option! Planning backup ideas has been a bright spot amid all this covid garbage.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not sure yet to be honest. We haven’t had our cake tasting yet due to obvious reasons 😭😭😭

And that’s such a good idea of grabbing a few to have on your actual date. I pray yours doesn’t get postponed ❤️
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Will you do multiple flavors? We have a small guest list (and who knows how much smaller it may get!) But we are doing chocolate, vanilla, cookies and cream, and lemon with cream cheese frosting for our cupcakes.

If we end up postponing I am going to reach out and see if we can at least get a few cupcakes to enjoy on our wedding date!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How many guests are attending that your going for the number of tiers? Given the guest list, 25% of guests will probably pass on cake if they don't have a sweet tooth. The idea of going fake tiers to fill the bottom 2 layers and real for the top 3? Here are some pics for ideas.

OIP.TpgCn8_nd-bIYLh8rydVAgHaKm?w=179&h=2OIP.OnysmWE3czZvCa6wxGhVlAHaJ3?w=179&h=2OIP.tj_nhKTfu2kifrMAfjGUtAHaLJ?w=179&h=2OIP.csES3MJtPLvf28qhrt4SJwHaJ4?w=179&h=2OIP.Vky0_xEfC1jbPYmeeL2ukQAAAA?w=179&h=2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics