Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Cake - how many flavours in yours?

Joey, on March 29, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 19

One of the most fun (and tasty) parts of wedding planning is cake tasting! Smiley cake But it can be a real challenge to narrow down all the delicious choices. How many flavors in your wedding cake? What are they?

What kind of cake will you be cutting?Cake - how many flavours in yours? 1

Photo by Two: One Event Media in Toronto

19 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 04:05
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a 5 tier, and went with 2 flavours that served 300. I picked a red velvet, and my husband picked the chocolate salted caramel. Our baker allowed us to pick a different flavour each tier, but we didn't want to incorporate too many flavours since didn't want guests to complain about not having all the flavours.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided on a *flavour* just yet - but probably marble or vanilla? I'm not too picky and it's only being used for the cake cutting so it's not like guests will get any Smiley smile

• Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a cupcake tower so 4 different flavours!
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have celiac disease and that seems to limit me on choices but we’re hoping to find someone to make a carrot cake for us. If cannot find that, we’re thinking of doing a ‘pie cake’.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were originally planning to have 3 flavours, but when we went to our cake tasting, my FH ony liked 2 of them, the dark chocolate and spiced vanilla. I have celiac disease so I couldn't actually taste any of them, but we tried six, including red velvet (dry), lemon (bland), caramel (he just made a face lol), and the one I was most excited about, lavender, which was apparently very "planty" (?) I should probably have brought my Mom, considering my FH's favourite kind of cake is a mccain frozen thingy (no shade, but come on)

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lemon desserts are always so refreshing after a meal, and vanilla confetti...fun and yummy!!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Uhm those sound delicious!! Absolutely love coconut.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having the cake one flavour, haven't decided yet and the cupcakes (that are the other tiers) a few different flavours probably vanilla, chocolate, and one or two fun flavours.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having two tiers, one will be red velvet and the other will be Lemon!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a 4 tier cake. The top tier we are going to save and eat the following day when we are calmly back home and it will be chocolate with ganache icing. The 3 tiers we are serving are going to be marble cake with caramel between the layers. I'm so excited!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just one! We are doing a small 2 tier cake that my FH and I will be keeping (top piece) and bottom piece is just for cutting photos!

It is a chocolate cake with nutella filling... IT'S AMAZING.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only one cake flavour- red velvet. Our cupcakes with have 5 different flavours though.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing cupcakes and we will be having 5 different flavours. Still haven’t exactly decided what flavours those will be. Lol
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having 4 flavours in total!

We're doing a cutting cake (1-tier) and cupcakes so we had some options. We're doing our cake tasting in June to finalize what those flavours are but we're thinking of: vanilla confetti, lemon, chocolate, and strawberry cheesecake

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom is making our wedding cake! we do not plan to serve it to the guests, its just for looks so we might just do a simple vanilla cake with white icing and then she will decorate it

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are just starting to get information for our cakes and what we want to do. I am not huge into cake so my FH will be the one making the ultimate decision. It will most likely be something chocolate!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ahh cake tasting day was the greatest day haha

We are doing cupcakes and have chosen 4 flavours: red velvet, chocolate with vanilla coconut frosting, lemon with raspberry frosting, and banana chocolate chip with banana frosting.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be doing a small cake to cute and then different kinds of cupcakes. We will have 4 diff kinds of cupcakes Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a two tier (4” and 6” tiers) cake with a cupcake tower underneath.

We’re doing a vanilla cake with raspberry filling on one tier (my fav!) and red velvet on another tier (FHs fav).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics