Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie September 2017 Ontario

Cake flavour?!

Jen, on September 2, 2017 at 20:49 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13

Hey all!

My wedding is in 3 weeks (eeep!) and we've got to pick a cake flavour. Our baker is super flexible and literally is open to anything we want - the problem is - too many options makes for a hard decision! We are going for a rustic, semi-naked cake, so we're thinking that the cake should be a lighter base colour (vanilla, etc) but we were also toying with the idea of a pumpkin spice? (the wedding is the first day of fall, although I know it's cliche..) If we did a vanilla cake, I have no idea what to do as the filling flavour..

Did anyone else have a semi naked wedding cake? What flavour did you have? Can you show me some photos?

Thanks in advance!!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 11:50
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Italian sponge cake with custard filling and icing over fondant. 3 layers with different custards: lemon, vanilla and chocolate.
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What we are doing is a smaller cake to cut and a bunch of cupcakes in a whole bunch of flavours so we can kind of cater to everyone Smiley smile

We went and tried some cakes last week (mmm!) and reaaaaally enjoyed the champagne flavour our baker offered. We are going to do that for our cake (naked style!), just not sure the icing or filling flavours.

We aren't too sure what we are going to do for cupcakes, (we are still just under a year away!) but for sure some chocolate bourbon, carrot cake and german chocolate cupcakes. We will probably do three more flavours.

You can go on Pinterest for ideas too!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a chocolate lava cake as our dessert in our plated meal, so I'm getting a small 12" vanilla cake for the cake cutting and since vanilla is my fiance's favourite flavour!

• Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These all sound amazing. I LOVE cake. My mom is making cupcakes for us. They are going to be carrot pineapple with cream cheese icing. It's my FH's favorite cake and it's like the only thing he requested so I gotta give it to him Smiley smile They are delicious and I feel goes well with early fall. Only 11 days left!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love lemon cake!!! Smiley cake We split up our cake and did half red velvet cake with cream cheese icing, and have vanilla pound cake with lemon and raspberry filling! Something for us and something universally appealing for everyone else Smiley shame

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the idea of pumpkin spice with apple filling and a vanilla icing. Lemon cake with raspberry filling is also tasty. Vanilla cake with lemon filling would give it some pizzazz.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How about vanilla with pumpkin spice buttercream? That sounds really good to me LOL
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we are going to do a lemon cake with a lemon curd filling! My friend who just recently got married had a three tiered vanilla cake with a vanilla custard in the middle. She served it with fresh raspberries and whipped cream. It was so simple but looked so elegant and was delicious!

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do both! I had choc and vanilla. You could do vanilla and pumpkin spice
  • Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a 2 tiered wedding cake with cupcakes as the dessert for guest and we went with my fav...red velvet mmmm 😊😊😊
  • J
    Newbie September 2017 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are leaning towards vanilla too - just based on what we think the most guests would want to eat.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a similar cake to yours and have a similar theme. We are doing just plain old vanilla with some strawberries on it. I know our wedding is a fall wedding but vanilla just seemed like something most people would eat. You do whatever is your favourite and works for you!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having strawberry champagne cupcakes for our wedding. I think you should pick your favourite flavour for your cake.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics