Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie
Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan

Cake and dessert?

Stefanie, on July 10, 2021 at 12:27 Posted in Wedding reception 0 32
If your having wedding cake are you having dessert to?! Trying to decide if we need dessert as well.

32 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on May 21, 2022 at 04:24
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having cupcake centerpieces on the tables (replacing both flower centerpieces and a wedding cake). The cupcakes are made to look like flowers so it's also a great decorating idea. Also the hotel doing the catering is providing a dessert table of assorted cakes/squares.
  • Sofia
    Curious July 2022 Quebec
    Sofia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we would do a cake and maybe cupcakes .. i like the idea of a fruit plate too
  • Joanna
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Joanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am having a small wedding cake cupcakes and minimal finger desserts.
  • K
    Beginner September 2024 British Columbia
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a small personal cake to cut and chocolate covered strawberries for guests.

I personally wouldn't do a desert course (Like a 4 course meal with desert) if you will have cupcakes, etc. for guests as the other sweets may end up going to waste.

• Kelly
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not doing dessert and sticking with the cupcakes as part of our wedding cake. We have added a fruit platter incase people do not like cake or want something a bit more healthy. As our take home gift we have a candy bar so lots of sweets available without spending extra on a dessert option.

• Taylyn
    Curious April 2022 Ontario
    Taylyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue is doing desert but we are doing cupcakes instead of a cake. With so many allergies now (myself being one of them ) we wanted to let people have an option of gluten/dairy free along with some normal baked goods
  • Barbara
    Beginner July 2022 Manitoba
    Barbara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue will have dessert

• Eden
    Frequent user August 2021 British Columbia
    Eden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg can I come to your wedding?? Haha but seriously same, we are having a pretty small wedding (less than 20 people) and we are still having cake and multiple desserts as well, because what better excuse for a decadent dessert table than a wedding?

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s like us… until the part of serving at the late night! I love that idea. Thank you for sharing that idea Carling, we might definitely work that in with our late night snacks.
  • Carling
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Carling ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue includes dessert but we are doing a three tiered cake as well that will be served during our late night afterglow along with some other food/snacks.
  • Joanna
    Beginner June 2022 Alberta
    Joanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing 1 tier cake simple for us and cupcakes for dessert. And various sweets throughout the night
  • Charlotte
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our cake is a small cake on the top if a tiered stand with cupcakes below. So the cupcakes are our dessert.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue had dessert part of the sit down course which was served with cake for family mostly and pastry for the others. Its a great variety to have other options for those who don't like cake and can have fruits or cookies instead.
  • Kayla
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue has dessert. We are still getting a cake but to do the classic cake cutting photos.
  • Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a cookie bar with 4 kinds of cookies and a small cookie cake (Cake made of cookies). We have also ordered cupcakes in case people don’t like cookies.
  • Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are serving desserts for our guests (donuts and cupcakes) and getting a small cake for the cake cutting. I don’t really think we will actually serve the cake because we mostly want it for photos and it will be quite small, but we haven’t ordered it yet so I’m not totally sure the size.
  • Jess
    Curious May 2023 British Columbia
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We might have both but haven't decided yet. Neither myself or my fiance are big cake lovers, and I fee like from the weddings I've gone to the guests don't eat much if it either. Our caterer will served desserts (nothing extravagant) but we might do a mini cake for cake cutting. (If not, I know a good place for deluxe donuts instead that I might add)
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we are going to go with just cake because we also have a candy/chip buffet!
  • Tiffany
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having both, as our meal comes with dessert. We are having a small cake though.
  • Marcie
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having dessert because it comes with the meal but having wedding cupcakes at the late night buffet
  • Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cakes are so expensive and our meal comes with a dessert so we are just going to do a small cutting cake and have the dessert served to guests instead. I don't remember ever eating cake at a wedding to be honest, so I figure our guests will be okay without it!

• Dreefy & Justin
    Beginner August 2021 Alberta
    Dreefy & Justin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do your guests like cake? We are having a small cutting cake and my sister is making individual chilled cheesecakes in jam jars. Fruit trays and cookies I’m baking will be the extent of it. We have 78 guests so if you know they prefer cookies to cake (which is the case in our families) cranking out a few batches of cookies you can bake ahead and freeze is a fun option. Portioning is much easier as well.
  • L
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We swapped the dessert course for an extra app so we have soup and salad, then cake for dessert. The cake is great and we wanted it to stand alone as a sweet treat.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re having dessert as part of our 3 course meal form our caterer. And we’re having a cake. I’m not too sure if to share the care after as yet. But our dessert will be strawberry swirled cheese drizzled with rhubarb coulie.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had both and both were a bit hit! We made sure our dessert was different enough from cake (we couldn't do a dessert table in the end).
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a dessert in our dinner. We will probably have a small cake for cutting and cupcakes for guests (or possibly just a sheet cake) because they offer cutting and plating the cake. My mom is making a 6 inch cake for pictures. I don't see the point of spending too much in cake.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! We want people to eat the cake we’ve paid a ton for and not have it wasted.. if we were having a dance we would have done dessert too
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue allowed us to bring in a cake in lieu of dessert.

• Natalie
    Curious July 2021 Alberta
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having cake as well as a chocolate fondue for a second dessert
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are having both since our dinner comes with desserts but we also want a wedding cake. More dessert the better I say!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did have cake and a separate dessert simply because our dinner meal came with a dessert built into the price. We also liked that it gave guests a choice to have one or the other, or both in my case...haha
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love dessert and sweets so we will be having a dessert table! As of right now we are planning on having cake, brownies, apple pie bites, cheesecake, cookie butter bites, cookies and cream puffs! I'd also love to have donuts and cinnamon buns too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics