Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Newbie June 2020 Alberta

BYOB wedding - Alberta

Dana, on August 26, 2019 at 01:27 Posted in Alberta 0 4
My wedding is all very close family and friends. We were thinking of asking guests to just do a byob. Just wondering if anyone knows if that's legal in Alberta? I looked on the AGLC but unsure if that is the proper spot.
Thanks!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on September 24, 2019 at 22:06
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH who has worked in and around the bar scene in Alberta for many years, says to contact the AGLC. They will be able to give you the best direction of what can be done and how you can go about doing it.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Dana! As Tori advised, did you reach out to your provincial liquor place and ask? Did you find out if it's legal? Let us know Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’ll definitely need a liquor license if you’re having it somewhere other than at home. There is such thing as a non-resale liquor license so Maybe look into that? My gut says it isn’t legal to BYOB (I just did my ProServe training) but I could easily be wrong!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not from AB but I know when I was looking into it for here in MB what I found was the best bet would be to contact your provincial liquor place and ask. For here in MB I think they said that if it's like a party then no big deal but when it's a special event with alcohol being served that it does require it. Not sure how they would check to see if people are sharing or not though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics