Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shay
Beginner July 2021 Alberta

Byob?

Shay, on January 25, 2021 at 12:40 Posted in Alberta 0 10

Hi everyone!

Curios if there is anyone who had a BYOB wedding. We have decided to cancel our venue and have our wedding in our backyard(we own an acreage) so theres not really a way to have a bar. how do you word that itll be a BYOB wedding? we are going to provide a select amount on beer and juice, pop & water.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kristie, on April 1, 2021 at 13:33
  • K
    Newbie June 2021 Alberta
    Kristie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m thinking the same as you, more of a family get together party/ wedding ... therefore asking my family and friends to just byob doesn’t feel inappropriate... people under right now that edict formalities are not what’s important.
  • Shay
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats to you as well! good luck with your future planning Smiley smile

• Megan
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hopefully we can have more then 10!!!!!! Darn covid. Hope the ideas work for you! and Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!

• Shay
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its been the only logistical downfall of moving it to a tented backyard wedding lol!

thanks for all the great ideas though!! fingers crossed we will be able to have more then 10 peopleSmiley cry

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My friends did that with a canoe that was at the venue and had a variety of beers ciders and pop then had a jar for cash and people put in $2 a drink (sometimes even more) (but Canoes aren't always readily available!) you could even get a big tin bucket (think a trough or something live stock drinks from- clean or new of course) and fill it with ice and drinks. I was going to do this but then our venue has a bar so we don't have too!

• Shay
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ya i was bummed! though im sure the travel cost would have killed anyway lol!

i think thats a great idea! Smiley smile

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really!? wow I thought they offered all of Alberta too! Darn! Smiley sad

One good way too is you could have a wheel barrow or something cute filled with ice and drinks and a jar for Twoonies to collect a bit of cash

• Shay
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I looked into them actually! pretty sure their website says serves all of alberta but when i inquired they said i was too far away Smiley sad

• Megan
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! there are some cool places that offer mobile bars for weddings if you are interest. I think one is called "the stout pony" Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here's one that I was able to find

"When getting ready for our wedding, there's one thing you can't be forgetting! Bring your favorite booze with you! We'll supply ice, juice and pop too to help you dance the night away!"

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics