Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jodi
Frequent user September 2018 Alberta

Buying your own booze

Jodi, on July 20, 2017 at 11:47 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

Hi Ladies

Have any of you purchased your own booze for your wedding? we are having ours at a ranch and are trying to budget the booze. we only are having 60 guests and not all of them will likely be drinking. Any ideas on where to buy and what to buy? thanks girls Smiley smile

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 10, 2018 at 11:22
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin had returned any unopened bottles for a full refund. He had bought the booze himself too and spoke to the manager i beleive. If you do the same, you should be fine than being stuck with the remaining liquor. Hope all goes well.
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Jodi, we bought booze for our wedding social from the beer vendor and I also found that the local liquor Marts provide information on the amounts to have based on the number of guests. I agree with all that has been said and you can also use this tip as alternative to calculate the right amount and for your budget.
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jodi,

I just found these discussions that might also help you choose and buy your drinks for the wedding day :
    Ultimate Wedding Drink Calculator

How much food and drinks will you need?

What drinks will your open bar include?

What drinks did you think of buying ?

Smiley smile

• Laura
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jodi,

I found a helpful guide on Pinterest that may help Smiley smile

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AXmVl_8Cwgw_uIu7GhOl_aKN_9fzzjw8_wTM8yn84MZMIdht6U8RrtY/

• Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to be buying ours at Costco hopefully.

Check into local liquor stores. Some of them have event packages.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My brother and his wife did for their wedding, they are in Saskatchewan so you buy from the liquor board stores there. I think they were able to take back any unopened undamaged bottles. Check your liquor license to see if it has any restrictions and then just do the basics. The more bottles you have open then the more you will be stuck with afterward. Make sure you have what you and your FH like to drink and go from there.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be buying our own booze most likely from our provincial liquor board or Costco in Québec. We have also contacted a few local breweries for kegs of beer. There was recently a discussion on here about how to calculate the amount of alcohol needed for your wedding. Take a look here . Hope this helps!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics