Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Danielle
Newbie September 2022 Ontario

Burlington & Area Venue Recommendations

Danielle, on July 23, 2020 at 14:53 Posted in Ontario 0 8

Hi everyone,

I'm feeling super overwhelmed already. My FH and I are looking to get married in Fall 2021 and ideally want to keep out budget around $15K for 100 people but it's feeling impossible.

We've been getting a bunch of quotes but they're all so expensive. Right now our favourites are Atrium in Burlington and Club Roma in St. Catherines but it seems like our end budget would be $20-$23K if we went with either of them.

We did check out C Hotel and Marquis Garden Hamilton but they just didn't work for us. We're still planning on going to see Grand Olympia and Marquis Garden Burlington and Ancaster.

Are there other cost effective venues I should be checking out? Or should I give into the fact that $15K just isn't going to work?

Thanks

8 Comments

Latest activity by LJ Hisey, on July 28, 2020 at 12:08
  • L
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    LJ Hisey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi! You should check our Carmens lake view. Just on the lake in Stoney creek/Hamilton just over the skyway.

I would imagine if you had your wedding on a Friday or Sunday they would meet your budget.
  • Allison
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Did you look at the Lasalle Banquet Centre? When I looked it was quite affordable and could accommodate your number of guests.
  • Darla
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Darla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking you are planning way to large. Covid is not going to just "disappear". I know there are venue owners and wedding planners that talk Trump, so to speak, but next fall it is very likely we will be knee deep in restrictions still. Save your money for building your life together, going on small trips, buying the piano you always wanted and you can play while he learns how to dance. Find a small venue, some people you both really love and enjoy the most intimate amazing precious time of your life.

• Alexandra
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think 15K is doable but you would have to do your wedding on a Friday. Consider Spencer’s on the Waterfront. They have a beautiful venue with an amazing view, so very minimal decor is needed.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Assuming your $15K budget is for the whole wedding, which includes price for outfits, ceremony etc), it's doable but not if you want to go "all out." If you're dead set on these venues, have you thought about a non-Saturday wedding? Or maybe a Saturday brunch/lunch wedding? You'd be surprised at how much money you save once you kill the open bar and serve a smaller meal.

If it's just for the hall and catering, I think $15K for 100 people is very doable as that's average for GTA prices. Check out golf courses, country clubs, and small hotels in the area.

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you go with a space that rents out their hall rather than a turn-key wedding venue, you’ll likely be able to save. We were able to do our wedding at an all inclusive venue for $10k but we only have 30 guests. Have you considered an outdoor venue like a family winery/fruit farm outside of the city? They may be able to offer you a cheaper rate and you can bring your own catering.
  • Patricia
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married at St. Volodymyr Cultural Centre/Banquet Hall in Oakville (pretty close to Burlington area). And we are approx $16k for 150 people. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we looked for our venue (we have a lot more guests though - over 300 invited) we were hard pressed to find anything under 50K - but that's the Toronto area as well.

I think if you're looking for a venue that "does it all" i.e., have wait staff, serve food, have the bartenders, offer some level of decor (chairs, tablecloths, etc.) you may have to increase your budget a bit. If you really like Atrium or Club Roma - can you see if they'll meet you in the middle at 17,500? Maybe that would be a compromise? I would try to negotiate for sure.

If you definitely need to stay around 15K - have you looked into a legion or rotary club where you would just have to rent the room and then you could hire outside caterers and do your own decor?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics