Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner May 2019 British Columbia

Burlap table runners?

Abbey, on April 12, 2019 at 11:44 Posted in DIY 0 7

We are having our reception at a small restaurant and want to have burlap runners for the tables. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thinking about just buying a roll of burlap the right width and cutting to size during set up.. thoughts? We wont know the lengths needed until the beginning of May, and our wedding is May 25 so I am thinking that ordering actual burlap table runners will be cutting it way too close time wise.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 01:46
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can get large rolls or Burlap at Michaels. Make sure you use their coupons to get a good deal! And i'd order a bit of extra in case you get the last minute stranglers coming to your wedding. You can always resell the burlap on craigslist. I sold a bunch of my wedding decor after the wedding on a bunch of websites.

• Erin
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would get it from the Dollar Store or Micahel's craft store. Burlap is super cute and can dress up any venue. I would look into retailers that have it to make sure you won't be hooped last minute.

• Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found with burlep the edges frayed. I used clear glue on the underside and let it dry then i re rolled them... ( this is from when i helped a friend with her wedding)
  • A
    Abbey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah good idea! Thank you!!

• A
    Abbey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Why didnt I think of that! Thank you!!

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Exactly what Becky said, I would also get some fabric tape and put like a fake hem on it if you want just to have like a neat edge.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would go to a frabric store and get a roll or sizes cut. Once you have the sizes the store could help you cut them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics