Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Devoted November 2017 Ontario

Bullet boutonnières

Melissa, on April 7, 2017 at 03:23 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 10
My FH and I love the idea of bullet casing or shot shells to hold the men's boutonnières. My mom said no way! We were thinking of the shooting sports we are involved in and not of the violent connotations. How do we handle this conflict with mom?Suggestions??

Bullet boutonnières - 1

Bullet boutonnières - 2

10 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 13:47
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nicw idea would hot lue from the back instead of putting rubberband or strings.
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the input everyone!! Mom has seen the photos and I even made up a sample of what they would look like. She just flat out objects to any firearm reference at our wedding!We still have a fee months to persuade her and help her see that it's just an empty casing or shell.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Quilli's... I can't remember how much.
    http://www.quilli.ca/gun-rentals

• Bethany
    Curious May 2018 New Brunswick
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Katherine, Just curious which rental company and how much? This sounds awesome!!!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's a very neat idea and looks good. I also like the personalization of this as both of you are involved in the sport. I agree that a picture should be shown to your mom and just re-clarify the significance of this and that both of you are not promoting violence.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if you both like it and it means something to you then you should have it. I think showing your mum pictures and explaining the significance to you both would go a long way.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those look very neat... Have you shown her the pictures of what you want? What exactly is her objection... We looked into a inflatable shooting range, one of the rental places in NB has one... Outside our price range but our guests would have loved it.
  • Stephanie
    Devoted September 2019 Quebec
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is very creative!! Very neat! If this means a lot to you and your FH then do it! Explain to your mom that this is a piece of you guys. I'm sure when you show her and explain the significance she'll agree. Parents can be troublesome. I know I have my fair share with my grandmother who doesn't want me to have a wedding ceremony and reception at all because it costs even though I'm paying for it. I don't even discuss wedding with her cuz of it. But I'm sure the idea will grow on your mom!
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Zoe!I played your game already!!! It seems like a bit of a daring bride!! Yes, I have my dress!!Thanks for your input!!
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa!

I was so happy to read you in the community! Smiley heart I think if you and your FH like it, you should do it. At then end it is your special day!

I made a funny game this week. I think you will like it.

Do you dare? Yes or no?

Did you already find a dress? Smiley love

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics