Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaytee
Devoted September 2017 Alberta

Buffet - table order

Kaytee, on August 1, 2017 at 09:25 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Hey, any good suggestions on how to do this? I have had numerous people suggest not to do a game to choose the order in which people go up to get their food as it is annoying and most people will just want to talk amongst themselves. Other people have said yes, do a trivia game or something to make the time go by faster.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 10, 2018 at 09:54
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My brother had a buffet dinner and just had tables in order to for food. Other guests were still talking within themselves.
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are all great ideas - thanks. We were thinking of doing the speeches before dinner but we are only going to have those for 30 mins or so. Then food. Dinner will still be at 6 this way.

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think that sounds perfect. I think we will do that.
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is true
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like Erin's idea. Definitely make sure you're fed first so that you've eaten before speeches happen. The last thing you want is a picture taken while you're crying about something somebody said in a speech with a big meatball in your mouth lol. Feed the important people (everybody is important that day, but I mean the vendors lol) so that they are ready to go immediately and make sure if there are any kids there that they are fed quickly or you'll likely hear a lot of whining. After that I really wouldn't know what to do. Any wedding I've been do where they have a buffet they call up random tables to go. No games or anything in the midst of all of this either.. I feel like it would take a lot longer to get people up to the buffet if that were the case.

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also doing a buffet and never even thought about a game to get the order for people to get food. Was just thinking of allowing people to mingle with music in the background and the MC calling each table individually
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have heard of people getting called up with a different song for each table, but then before the music is played they are just at the table mingling.

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good idea. We have quite a few tables with kids so maybe all of them can go first.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we will do ourselves first so that we have time to eat before speeches, then the table with our photographers and then maybe the only table with kids. After that I haven't really thought about it. None of this is set in stone though. I don't particular like the idea of a game as most people will be chatting at their tables and having a game will cut through all that. I like people mingling better.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics